Driver help

parputt

Just need one more club to finish my 2019 JDM bag. I need a driver and have my eyes on 2 that I like. One is the Grandista RS-D driver and the other unfortunately is the Progress Golf BB4.I say unfortunately cause there isn't a lot of info on the BB4 and I am leaning that way only cause of the adjustability.So anyone who can help me unlean or lean further to one or the other would be helpful . I really like to carry the driver a long way since at my courses there isn't a lot of roll since they keep the fairways lush and soft so finding a higher launch is a big factor.

high launch with plenty of oomph id not discount the  kamui pro tp07 or the roddio s-tuning   i play both when its wet or lush im summer here and my search for all carry ended  with these.

adjsut the shaft to gain a bit  more.spin if u need it . .

again with heads its something  u ned to like the look of to Maximise consistency.

both these heads to me are not what i usually opt for  looks wise , i prefer blocky sqaurere he heads like jbeam but i do get what i ordered from these high long all carry. hard for.me.to split them they have the same shaft inthem diamana x ... super in my book IF ulike the head shape

My understanding is that there is a shortage of BB4s.  I guess it means its still pretty popular.  

I have had the RS-D since last Summer and so I lean towards RS-D from a playability/performance/looks/sound and feel perspective. 

I've been gaming the AF-153 in the last couple of months looking for more fogiviness but RS-D is the better fairway finder.  I never have block shots leak to the right with the RS-D.   With the AF-153 if I am not careful it can go to the right.     BB4 is more automatic and a straight shooter, sort of like the Ryoma.   Also, forgiving low face hits thanks to the wave sole construction. 

This past weekend. after seeing one of my playing buddies gain 20+ yards instantly by switching from the original M2 to the M4 ...  I startred to develop an urge to try some of the newer model drivers!!    Damn it!!    Hate it when I do this!!   

Watched a bunch of Youtube videos last night and Cobra F9, Mizuno ST190, Honma TW 747 kind of have my attention.  I might just go visit a shop his wekeend for a quick test!    I really hope my RSD wins out!!      

Edited by nobmontana

Yes the TSg pro shop said next batch of BB4s wont be til April 15th so I guess they are moving well enough. Nobs I read many times you LOVE the Diamond Speeder can you tell me how the low torque effects the feel in any way.Any other shafts to compare it too.I still have a driver with the "old" Fuji Rombax Type X so I am positive the Diamond is light years ahead of that.  

So this Diamond Speeder is really interesting.    Most Fujikuras that I have tried in the past as well as other models currently on the market seem to have more pronounced feeling of kick at impact compared to say Mitsubishi or Grahite Design shafts.   So until now,  I wasn't really a big fan of Fuji shafts.    I actually preferred smoother shafts that have netral movement like the Diamana series.    The one exception from the past may be the Motore Speeder VC x.2  

With the Diamond Speeder and Speeder Evo IV,  Fujikura decided to incorporate material manufactured by Mitsubishi ... the MR70 .. Now these are two rival composite companies that we are talking about here!   There is something to be said about Fujikura using Mitsubishi made material.    Anyway,  with the Diamond Speeder,  it has a more smooth feel and probably because of the super low torque,  it is as stable as any other shaft I have used.   So fas I have tried the 5S, 5X and 6X    5X seems to be the best match for me for driver and 6X tipped works well with the 3W.   5S was a bit too flexy for me.   I think these Diamond Speeder are slighly weaker to flex in my opinion. It's a great shaft. 

Walked into a shop today and tried a few 2019 drivers.    Cobra F9,   Mizuno ST 190G ,  Taylormade M5,  Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero,  Srixon Z785.  

Long story short,  Mizuno ST 190G won the distance contest for me.   Consistently around 270 total.  Shaft was the Fuji ATMOS Tourspec Black which I have some experience with.   But when we put in the same shaft in the Cobra head,  slight improvement but still not as long as the Mizuno.   I also tried the Mizuno ST190 without the adjustable weights and it also went nearly long as the ST190G.  

I don't quite like the cosmetics own the ST190 with the line on the edge of the crown and the mini runbird as the alignment aid.   Don't need any of that.    

So now  I am curious to know how these ST190 compares with the JDM GX as well and the Mizuno Pro Model E .... 

A slight improvement with the Cobra with regards to? 

I think the other shaft I was trying in the Cobra was the Atmos Tour spec Blue.     It spun more than the Atmos Tour spec Black. 

Edited by nobmontana

I've decided to give the Mizuno GX a try.   Probably pair it with an Atmos TS Black.

It is supposedly lower spinning even when compared to the likes of M2...   On the other hand it is pretty shallow and forgiving. 

I like the simple looks of the crown with no alignment marks or other distractors, it's a bonded hosel and it has an SP700 face to top it off.  

I have a feeling that it's one of those unsung hero type deals!!