Ryoma F3

Norboo

Just picked up a Ryoma F3 with Beyond Power shaft.  What are your thoughts on Beyond Power shaft?  
How do you pronounce Ryoma?  “Royle Ma” “Rome Ma”, “Roll ma”?
Hit a few at the range and ball goes high.   Not too sure about the distance yet.   

I might need the F5.  

71CE977D-270D-4C3F-963E-A602E9DFB8F3.jpeg

60DEBCAA-6C5D-4FC7-9D4F-4202E691A39A.jpeg

Edited by Norboo

Best fairwood I have ever test/owned and I have owned and test just about every US fairway woods.  I only tested few Japanese fairwaywood including Roddio and Egg.   However, Beyond Power shaft isn’t working for me.  It’s very easy shaft to swing and launch the ball high, but it lack that umph for my swing.  I think GD Tour F will fit me perfect.  Now, I need to find a F5!  

2 hours ago, Norboo said:

Best fairwood I have ever test/owned and I have owned and test just about every US fairway woods.  I only tested few Japanese fairwaywood including Roddio and Egg.   However, Beyond Power shaft isn’t working for me.  It’s very easy shaft to swing and launch the ball high, but it lack that umph for my swing.  I think GD Tour F will fit me perfect.  Now, I need to find a F5!  

You know where ? 

The BYP shaft is great IF you have a smooth swing and around 85-95mph.  Anything more than that, I find the shaft becomes too whippy.  No doubt it WILL perform for the right player.  However, I reshafted my F3 and now, it is the bomber I dreamed about.

BTW, I pronounce it rye-O-ma ?

20 hours ago, TK3 said:

The BYP shaft is great IF you have a smooth swing and around 85-95mph.  Anything more than that, I find the shaft becomes too whippy.  No doubt it WILL perform for the right player.  However, I reshafted my F3 and now, it is the bomber I dreamed about.

I have GD Tour AD F in my TEE EX10 Beta 4 wood and love it,  but after trying the Ryoma, I couldn’t believe how good this head is.  Can’t wait till my shaft comes in this week.  

I play the Ping G400 MAX.  Hands down the best driver I have ever hit - and I have hit a bunch of them...

Long, hot, forgiving and just sets up so nice - it instills confidence that the ball will go exactly where you're aiming. 

BTW, you ought to put the GD AD-F shaft in your F3.  

It will be your bomber club...?

Edited by TK3

1 hour ago, TK3 said:

I play the Ping G400 MAX.  Hands down the best driver I have ever hit - and I have hit a bunch of them...

Long, hot, forgiving and just sets up so nice - it instills confidence that the ball will go exactly where you're aiming. 

BTW, you ought to put the GD AD-F shaft in your F3.  

It will be your bomber club...?

I have GD Tour AD F coming this week for my F3.   I also use G400 Max, but spins too much for me.  My G20 is about 20 yards longer.  I need to find a shaft for my G400 Max or try the LST

I used a Tour AD BB 6X driver shaft cut down to fit F3 and it's an absolute bomber for my case.