3w.. kamui pro tp xf !!!!

supo

Smallest of chances  id think, but anyone hit this in any loft under 19.5*

dat55g ( love it ! )

had a peek at one of the weekend 14.5* but im right for  low launchers , this   looks  to be the only FW id consider in the last 3 seasons.

looks like a sleeker version of the  syard XV.

17.5* is right on my radar

just thought id try the forums for any detail..............

20190809_142259.jpg

20190809_142246.jpg

20190809_142202.jpg

Edited by supo

found 2 ,  17.5 and 14.5...  can t help  myself wil take them I think.

looks are superb.

btw not sure if anyone has noticed  but the latest and greatest fwd out of japan are farkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen expensive man..

kamui,frehiet,our old friend George Takeis new brand  "G ",muziik,  all way over the  $450mark  for head only.

new premium materials and associated cost seems the new  IN.

Edited by supo

Got this in play  finally yesterday

17.5*  dat55g w/diamana X 70 x   with masda slick...................,, this club,  LOOKS  flash!

sleekish face but slightly high rounded face over the centre of the ball. and an elongated look to it at address that  seems  the toes is slightly higher off the ground   . but in  fact  it isn't ,  its the face shape that does that to it  not the extra high toe..... anyway . it looks like  you can hit draws with it at will but in fact that doesn't happen. it draws  when u put  a  draw swing on it  and fades on command equally well  so its neutral biased.. which is GREAT.

feel is magnificent.. my golly  I   have made something good here, my best feeling FW ever is the modart/crazy fw combo (14*)  but this is easily its equal if not better.

on hole 1  par 5  550  yards hit it from dead centre  fairway  with a beautiful small  draw to   a 56*  wedge to the flag, also hit my syard15*/diamana alisslei 83s   and the 14* royal collection bbd 14*/Ngs proto  from the same spot to see how they all went and this held its own but aload easier to hit! , I  clean hit  them all,   all perfect  hits,  the kamui was about 15 yards back  from the 3 woods at the most  which is really good  result and SO much easier to hit, the flight was obviously higher but it wasn't  sky high , I  cant coment on  roll bec it was wet.   but the ease of this thing  to hit from all over the park was pretty eye opening.

from a 200 yard par 3  where I hit a   super high cut over the pin (  obv this isnt  ideal  for  that yardage but just to see how  how  went)  , and yes it went well ,  to a  238 yard par 3 where I hit a draw to  pin   where this is exactly what this is made for ,  this thing is  in a word VERY VERSATILE!!!!! 

ive been using  utlilties of late 16/18* and  while I thoroughly have a spot for the 16* fourteen or 17* saqra  ute. this offers MUCH easier  play from the deck . a higher flight with more carry amd  simply put an easier  club to hit, so as far as I can see this will have that spot  for a while. 

as an aside, the shaft........................

it simply doesn't get any  better.

only 1 game into this but hit it allover the ground   yesterday and its a keeper ++,

makes the last wood spot optional with a driving iron  or a 14/15*   2/3 wood. can take the 3 and 4 irons out now with this.

got some re thinking to do bag wise bec ,this just changed things up .

Edited by supo

Pics please! And a vid of you hitting all these gorgeous shots too 😊

have to play it vs my  egg MFD 16.5*/qaudra fex  75xs  to see if it TRUELY is the one....., the egg has been my best  for a long time now but I think this prob has its beat....  the EGG is better from the tee that's a given its a lower flighted build but im pretty sure the kamui has its metal from the deck. wil lfind out  this  weekend.

got some beef  to it  as well.,  the  last cpl  of fariways  I  had built were heavy,  , the syard 15* 3w ( why I had this idle for so long is beyond me!!!!!!!!!!!!)  they both came in  over 341  grams that's some weight, esp when  the driver I was playing was at 313!.. sorry but that didn't work out for me.  to much  weight dispersion  the driver was obviously  its too light ,  I kept trying to hit the green  every drive,my  tempo was shot to pieces. I missed all over the place,  open bunt to straight pulls, when  i went bck to the 323g driver , the world looked rosey again, tempo restored.  what idid like with the light driver was  when I finally slowed it down and just swung thru the line, it played so well, high , all carry, and  straight. really  really straight.    this just became my winter driver ( on off 2014 w/shingo labospec (2010) shaft @ 45 inch@  my master got it from 46to 45  inch at d0    and well,,, yea.  its light but flight was arrow and its high  for 9*   I  put it back In the bag for another round

im sure  this one  will  keep the back from aching in winter!

Edited by supo

I am going through similar adjustments with Driver and 3W head/shaft combos. 

With a sub 315g driver ( generally using a 50g X flex shaft )  I can swing faster but interestingly it doesn't necessarily mean it goes longer or straighter. 

For me, approximately 320g D3 driver using 60g Stiff flex seems to be a recipe for good tempo and pretty good distance along with more consistency in my drives. 

As for 3W,  I have two in rotation now:  JBeam G-FW 13deg with a Tour AD TP-6 X flex which has been in there for a whole year now.   club weight is 329g SW D2

In my Modart MA01F 14deg,  I've just installed a new Loop FW Seven SX flex built to 341g D1.5  

Seems like I am hitting the Modart 3W better at the moment.     

I'm also playing around with swing weight at the moment with one of my drivers.   When club weight is less than 315g or so,  I can go D5 swing weight and it feels fine but with a 320g+ club, D5 feels too heavy.   

Lastly, I just built a new driver which I shall do a full review for soon.   It's Romaro head that just came out combo'd to a Loop shaft.    I am really starting to dig these Loop shafts!! 

Been away for a while from boutique brand shafts but I feel that Loop has the potential to take over most of my woods!    

ahhh similar driver spec issue  I have.

my jbeam 435/stinger 70x  @   45 inch @ d3.5 and 329  gram didn't work well enough  I t was . too head  heavy and used to result in pulls, I was missing in the elft bush a lot more than I shud, re balanced it with the weights to 321g d1.5/2 ish  , lighter head,  taughter impact. not quite as punchy as it was, I feel... I lost a few yards but when those yards were I nthe bush,, well, that's the answer!

the heavier fwds tho are interesting, I use them primarily for accuracy . long gone are the days of landing a 3 wood onto a green form 570 yards, so its akk about putting the  ball to a good distance I like 75-85  yards seems to be my best  distance , I can hit a strong  SW or a cut 52 to tht distance with pretty good consistency. so the fw MUST be a 99%  accuracy club... the only caveat to that is the prgr egg original spoon with roddio bee  proto  at 331 gram  I use when I play the tips at the big courses that  I need all of its power and distance bec its lightning rod straight this thing.  I need to hit it as hard as I can to activate it, and hwen I do,, yowser,, this is a beast!

honestly.... I don't know if theres ever been a better fw that nhe original PRGR egg  spoon....

I just got my hands on a 17*  head that ill rebuild with  a tour ad p9003x   for some   height  and length for all carry.

that SHUD be a ripper!

Yah the original PX03 egg 13 deg was a monster!!  I had an Al’ islei 83 S in it and it was soooooo good.   I should build another maybe this time with a Loop shaft!! 

im still gaming the alisislei  4 or 5 of my clubs and I cant fault it... the only thing  I think is its a buit mutedc omapred to  sat a roddio labo or a crazy. but I  like that.. its such a soft feel I think swing easy , it works.

that shaft was so incredibly underwhelmed , prob bec it was a JP release only with virtually no dialogue on it, the shaft itself is so pretty in the sun.. diamana have the best graphics

You're right, it does look "flash" 👍

found my old ( not fourteen!!!)  ..   royal collection !!!bbd with diamana alisilei 83s  17* going to have a head to head with them . on golfing hols rihgt now. great time to test builds...

Edited by supo

1 hour ago, bngolfer said:

Fourteen bbd or RC bbd?

Hahahaha, I've just re read what stu wrote, and I assumed he meant a 14° RC BBD, not a Fourteen (the company) BBD, but now I'm confused....

Fantasitc outing yesterday, unfirtunatly the drought does nothing for golf but the ground was good enough to hit from with some sponge and i was off the tips7200yards.. so it was a full assault.

jbeam435stinger70s

prgr egg 7,9* diamana aliislei 83s

kamui pro tp 07diamana x 70s

kaui pro  17.5 diamana x

prgr egg15  matrix proto

syard vx15 diamana ali islei 83s

RC bbd 17 diamana aliislei 83s

ihit hundreads of balls  especialy on the  par5s and esp with the fairway woods. Nit had this good an outing in a long time so i got to try them all agaianst each other. Boy theres a difference!

the egg was best off the tee by a long way its a bit lower and really straight. Its a hammer a proper hammer and a proper driver alternate   It blew away the syard wasnt even close BUT from  the ground... the opposite was true. The egg was a worm burner and the syard was invincible.. im going on a limb hrere but the combo syard was the best 3wood ive hit its not the longest the ryoma and prgr original egg have its metal there but for  control and workability its unparralelled..... by a long way!

Could hit with ease and control.....cuts and draws, stingers , high fades. And Ropey hooks at will with it and my Distance (im down quite  a lot thru injury) was  still getting me to sw/aw  from the  pin from the  tips..    im  hitting driver no more than280  max  more like high 260s as an average and par 5s dead flat were at  about 550. No wind   So this was  a proper testing.

the kamui 17.5 vs the RC17

feel was the rc/diamana just lovely heavier weight  but nicely balanced and as easy from the tees as it was from the ground.

longer than the kamui but not quite as confident inspiring, the kamui looks easier to hit maybe just that extra1/2* gives it the edge its definitley the more reachable for of the pair but the RC was the one i prefered yesterday be  of its longer  distance.

both are workable  the RC sits dead straight no bias the kamui looks like it favours adraw but doesnt. Its the higher loft that does that.

both these have a place , i think the kamui is better suited for lusher grass and the rc is perfect from the short stuff hence why i was probably reaching for it  more and why i was loving the kamui in jp on summer cloud grass the slightly,higher face means u can get just a little,under it with more confidence thatn the sleeeker RC.

shafts.. the diaX is the mack daddy ,super tight and much harder to work the alisilei is way friendlier and smoother but not as long u feel like  u leave abit  on the tee at impact where as the X u get instant feedback  and  propulsion, the X is most definitely the superior shaft but the ali is so so so easy to hit. Its almost  unmissable. U just dont get the same feel . I prefer the X but prob hit the ali better..  = conundrum!,,!,!

so out of the above the best bag was:

jbeam/stinger

syard 15

RC 17 for  the dry hard pack ground.

caveat the RC can be used insread of a3wood no problems but the kamui i dint think can the RC ahd a soft edge to look at but the syard was the over all winner.

then there was the 1iron......... but thats another tale!

20190814_105700.jpg

20190814_105855.jpg

20190814_105734.jpg

20190814_105756.jpg

Edited by supo