Cancelled: Brand NEW EPON AF-Tour 4-PW Iron Set - $950USD

JiuBirdie

For sale is my brand new Epon iron set bought from Japan while I was travelling 2 months ago.  It's brand new Epon AF-Tour, with True Temper R300 Regular, all irons are NEW and never see grass.  I personally dyed the iron #7 to red, but it's still brand new as it's never been used. 

I would let go for $950 USD, shipping included,  which was purchased around $1,350 after conversion.  My lost is your gain.

Thank you for visiting.

I'm a total FOOL that even purchased many JDM golf equipment from Japan, this one is surely not the authentic.  Long story short, I went to Osaka last time instead of Tokyo and this shop was my first try.  I'm VERY Sorry to list such item on this forum, thank you very much for other senior members pointing out my damn stupid mistake.  I will throw this set into garbage(maybe just the heads, and save the shafts for future used).  

As I never really test hit this iron set and I wasn't planning to play them until I got better, so the set was always sat in the corner.  Anyways, Sorry to bother all and I learnt from my mistake.  I am glad that you guys pointed it out, otherwise, another buyer will be suffered what I have been to.

Apologies to all.

Edited by JiuBirdie
Wrong info was entered.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:41 AM, D22marshall said:

I hate to be the one to say this but they look like copies.

although I think you are saying BS like a 8 year boy, the pictures were taken in the basement and the light was pretty dark.  I can offer 100% money back policy if you can prove they were fake.  I have owned MOST of premium JDM brands, and I frequently visited Japan for business and fun.  So I know where to purchase and I have visited many of Japanese fitter facilities to purchase my golf equipment. Be aware your words as you are selling items too, I can leave craps like that in your post and deal with all the feelings.  Bulls**ting around doesn't make a better person.

Mate not trying to hurt or disrupt your item Or sale at all.

i know a lot of epon gear has been getting copied, that’s all.

if they are not I am very sorry and will remove post.

i have owned af tour cbs same as these and my graphics were not like these.

most notable where it says af tour

Edited by D22marshall

I must say I agree with Dean. The first thing I noticed was the structure of the finish in the cavity. Then the font of AF-Tour looks to be off. Finally the color of tour.

JiuBirdie, you have a different username on your paper note; it is not in the same picture as the clubs either. I would like to see a pic with your name/date as well as the back cavity of all clubs. Maybe we can help clear any confusion here.

Edited by bngolfer

Sorry to say, but the fonts look totally different.   Also I thought that the AF Tour CBs had chrome plating and not satin.    If I were to buy these, (not going to but... )   I’d want to see serial number as well as a copy of a receipt from where these were sold.  

On 5/10/2019 at 4:41 AM, D22marshall said:

Mate not trying to hurt or disrupt your item Or sale at all.

i know a lot of epon gear has been getting copied, that’s all.

if they are not I am very sorry and will remove post.

i have owned af tour cbs same as these and my graphics were not like these.

most notable where it says af tour

You are the BEST member, sorry for what I said earlier and I take back what I said.  Good luck to your sales. 

3 hours ago, nobmontana said:

Sorry to say, but the fonts look totally different.   Also I thought that the AF Tour CBs had chrome plating and not satin.    If I were to buy these, (not going to but... )   I’d want to see serial number as well as a copy of a receipt from where these were sold.  

I was too stupid to even check the serial numbers!  I never would thought I could find fake copies even in Japan.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:53 AM, D22marshall said:

This is how mine looked. Main difference is the Tour not being red paintfill ( maybe you changed to black?)

CAD4A9B1-1AE9-40F8-AD2D-40384642087A.png

EB055A22-91EC-4300-AA51-D8D111D3585B.png

C1311176-D4F6-4A19-BCE1-0C0CEB1FEE43.jpeg

Lesson learnt, thank you again.

13 hours ago, bngolfer said:

I must say I agree with Dean. The first thing I noticed was the structure of the finish in the cavity. Then the font of AF-Tour looks to be off. Finally the color of tour.

JiuBirdie, you have a different username on your paper note; it is not in the same picture as the clubs either. I would like to see a pic with your name/date as well as the back cavity of all clubs. Maybe we can help clear any confusion here.

Thank you!

I'm sorry that you had to go through all this and I applaud you for doing what's right!  

Probably won't make you feel better but many of us have gone through a similar scenario. 

For future reference, there are a list of authorized dealers on Epon website. 

If where you bought is not in that list,  they are not supposed to be selling any new Epon equipment. 

I've reported a few posts on the Japanese auction site because they were so obvious they were Epon counterfeits.

The auction company takes them down but they quickly come back to post the same item with a different user name. 

They are all over the place and they aren't going away anytime soon. 

Anyway,   since you are in Vancouver BC,    you should come down to Seattle one of these weekends and come play with us! 

We meet approximately once a month and play at one of the local courses.  Cuistot and Dr. Shankenstein (and his friend Joe) are great guys to play with.  

It's all casual friendly golf while chatting talking about JDM equipment!      

1 hour ago, nobmontana said:

Anyway,   since you are in Vancouver BC,    you should come down to Seattle one of these weekends and come play with us! 

We meet approximately once a month and play at one of the local courses.  Cuistot and Dr. Shankenstein (and his friend Joe) are great guys to play with.  

It's all casual friendly golf while chatting talking about JDM equipment!     

Yes! There are a handful of TSG'ers that are in the BC area. Maybe we should shoot for another outing up north, Loomis Trails maybe?

I wish I was a bit closer to you guys. Still remember my September round at Loomis in 1995 when it was a Japanese private club. It was awesome! Got very little play and the greens were rolling 12.

Have fun guys!

just as an aside what shop did u get them from in Osaka , im happy to reprt them to EPON , that shop  most assuredly SHUD know fake EPONS. im appaled at their  sale.. not to mention ur out of pocket by a load!

On 5/12/2019 at 10:13 AM, Dr.Shankenstein said:

Yes! There are a handful of TSG'ers that are in the BC area. Maybe we should shoot for another outing up north, Loomis Trails maybe?

Can't wait for this to happen. Set up a date and  I will be there, It is close to Vancouver.👍