Chambers Bay is So Awsome !!!! And so hard!! :)

nobmontana

Got to go on a TSG outing today to none other than Chambers Bay Golf Course!!  Most of you remember this venue from the 2015 US Open where many Pros complained about the fescue greens.    Well,  they redid the greens over the last 7 months to Poa Annua and so we decided to give it a go!!    Could not have picked a better day with record temperatures here in the Seattle area above 80 deg F in early May!!!    

Needless to say,  we had a real good time!! Some pics from the course.   The famous Lone Fir tree and the pot bunker on hole 18 which was like over 10 feet deep!!     

Greens were still pretty tough and fast.   But I think I can get used to it over time!!! 

Fun fun times!!!  

465E468B-6C6D-4CC3-B559-037F831162CC.thumb.jpeg.f91aa1e525bc06492fe163d229949975.jpegF1862404-8318-4407-9970-0AC663386510.thumb.jpeg.8c857e10bce70e6b1c902cca6fd09f3f.jpeg7BF53EB3-61F5-48C0-8266-5CF762C8A784.thumb.jpeg.e997dd8613d29fe92cc84e41c37df1d0.jpeg

I had a great time on the links today. The vistas of the Puget Sound the islands and the backdrop of the snow capped Olympic Mountians was almost as cosmic as Pebble or “The Glass”. Chambers was a pleasure to play with lots of great targets to go at. I can’t say the new greens are as fast as Pebble being so new but they got some great curves and I’m time they will be. Thanks Nobsan for setting this up. Really wonderful people here and a pleasure to play with. I’ve been disappointed lately with my game but today there where some quality shots made that has me buzzing. 6CD965C2-8D21-4A5C-AA78-D05CB6869CB5.thumb.jpeg.24b34f23f922d06257ad9a21159b9aa7.jpeg

6B65DA50-6B87-40D5-ACBF-389FB750AA99.jpeg

9C9B6392-D3C3-4CD1-92E8-9360790DDD63.jpeg

CC31DB07-C8DA-4F15-BC5A-DBDECAB56EDF.jpeg

Edited by cuistot
Remove duplicate photo of Nobsan lip out.

Looks beautiful. Thanks for the pics guys. 

Thanks, Cuistot for sharing the pic to our fellow members my missed 2 ft putt!!     😅    I actually had a few of those in the front 9 yesterday.   😭.

Not to make any excuses for the front nine score,  I will say that I recovered really nicely on the back nine (as I usually do

) with 11 strokes better than the front!!!    

On a more serious note,  anyone have good tips on a how to get a good warm up to be really ready on the first hole?   

2 hours ago, nobmontana said:

Thanks, Cuistot for sharing the pic to our fellow members my missed 2 ft putt!!     😅    I actually had a few of those in the front 9 yesterday.   😭.

Not to make any excuses for the front nine score,  I will say that I recovered really nicely on the back nine (as I usually do

On a more serious note,  anyone have good tips on a how to get a good warm up to be really ready on the first hole?   

Hahahaha, a few balls on the range nob.

What a fun round yesterday. Thanks Nobmontana for putting this outing in motion. A reminder to all other PNW/B.C. TSG'er who are wanting to share a friendly round of golf, please let us know. Would love to expand this group.

Also a note worth mentioning for that round is that Nobmontana drove the green on #12, a narrow uphill par 4, for a legitimate look for eagle. Kudos for your tap in birdie! 

2 hours ago, nobmontana said:

What I would  say is while making the practice swing turn it into a "Feel"  once your you have it "Clear the Mechanism" or get out of you head by looking up. Look out at a feature or vista in the horizon on your line. Then to clear your head say to yourself "Im good with any outcome". OR next time you play this track take a caddie like I did and just do what they say. Like you did driving the green 260yds on the back nine for birdie!

Nobs I gotta say the greens where difficult to read. I looked over my putts very carefully and quite surprised when the caddie changed the line. Also two maybe three pin locations where "Illegal" on Saturday but if I recall you made those putts.

I really got into this course and had great fun playing it due to the natural beauty of the targets. Hazards didn't bother me.

Edited by cuistot

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my heaven.

oh man iwud die  to play  courses like this more often.

than bunker is insane.. utterly insane.

great shots fellas , love this stuff!!!!

On 5/12/2019 at 6:07 PM, supo said:

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my heaven.

oh man iwud die  to play  courses like this more often.

than bunker is insane.. utterly insane.

great shots fellas , love this stuff!!!!

Stew, there are a few places for you on the west coast.. Oregon Bandon Dunes w/ 5 courses, WA Chambers Bay,  Gambel Sands, CA. Presido, Pasa Tiempo, Pebble, Spyglass.Cypress Point (Private but if staying at "The Lodge" inquire),  Torey