forgiving players CB 10 capper

need input  on a set of  soft (like mizuno)  irons 4 or 5 /pw

epon 303

miura 301

onoff kuro

kinda thing,  anything else   to mention pls fellas  , these are not in my wheelhouse so im clueless .....

no TM or callawya vomit spam pls... PROPER jdm...

cheers!

S-Yard GT Type-S. Maybe more Epon 302 in size and shape. Groundworks CB1 too.

Edited by Ian-500

745/945 combo set. My work here is done.

🤪

why is this topic in this section ? 

Late to the party ... but I just started testing out the Yonex N1-CB just 2 days ago and they are very good.  Not as buttery dense as the IDBLs but much more forgiving.  

Semi-automatic steerability.   Small offset.   Very underrated.  these are 2015 models but in 2017 Yuta Ikeda won the money ranking with these.  

Supposedly better overall than the newer CB-501 and CB-301.   Will likely game these for the rest of the season.  

Made in Niigata Japan!!    Epon 505s are really good too. 

The Yonex N1-CB look great and a lot like my royal collection s.f.i. forged cavity backs from about ten years ago (albeit the arc's have more offset).  I am an 8 and they seem to blend playability, workability and forgiveness quite well - these can be found at a discount.  

Gonna start a separate thread on the N1-CB review.   🙂

• 1 year later...

I agree with Dr.Shankenstein

I love my 2015 Kuros.  Long and very forgiving.  When it comes to excellent iron choices like the ones mentioned, it's hard to go wrong.  Try them all (if you can), but I think that how they look at address inspires confidence and that is also very important.

• 3 weeks later...

So looking at the list of candidates, I would say that Seven SCs actually fall right into this category with modern lofts and very playeresque design, appearance,  feel as well as performance. I am loving mine and have been tinkering around with different shafts.  I probably tried 3 different shafts over the last 3 months.  and going on my 4th this week. Crazy CBI-80, AMT White S300,  DG 105, Modus 120 S  and now Modus 105 R.   

I am also playing Seven CB Prototypes with NS950GH S which I feel are a great match and is a perfect set to carry around in my Sunday bag.  My Seven CBs are not the CNC milled type but the first generation made of S15C.  Very compact with longer hosel which implies slightly higher CG.

• 9 months later...

sooooooooooooooooo , im  revisting  this bec after my  mate got set  i had to play  some  due to injury , i tried  many many many sets this season but   there  has been  a clear standout.

surprised the  be- hey-zeus outta me. at  first  ,but then it didnt.

the winner  was .....
yamaha  inpres x  V forged   the non tour  variety ,, just the    common or garden   endo forged  model. from 2010.

very impressive - ( as  the name suggests)  really.  i tried 3 sets of EPONS, 2 sets of onoffs, 4 sets of prgrs, , XXIO, ( they, i think are still the best beginners clubs ever )  and a set of pings.. ( wont be doing that again)  but these  yammies are getting  re shafted with a lovely set of super peening  reds  and put back in play , especially when it gets colder!

They are a mid/large size head , not gigantic  ( like  the ping things i  hit )  but not comapct, they are  noticeably easier on the eye than  the tour model  and a cpl of my fave old prgrs,  the md900s   and    idbl    even  the  epon 502s  which to me were a bit too chunky. 

The yams have a thicker top line with a rounded  head shape , not a high sharp toe, just a really nice easy  confidence inspiring  look to them.

The kicker  that did it over the others was the neckline,  it just looks spot on thin with the hint of gooseneck / offset but not pronounced  just enough to make it look like  easy to hit and frames the ball fully 

Didnt matter on any kind of grass, thick , wet, dead pan, doesnt seem to matter, it just looks great.

feel is a little  more tthin  compared to  the more  compact /robust player cavities   but not so  much that  it needs attention, the ultralight  shafts played as much a part in this as the  heads .

Just saying if  you  are looking  for a set of  bats that are so all round its scary then u can  definitely do yourself a disservice  by not looking back a few years. 

20210709_095256.jpg

20210709_100557.jpg

20210709_100620.jpg

Edited by supo