EASY irons for 20s capper...,

supo

Probably  close  to , if  not THE............................sexiest set of irons I think ive ever  seen!

was out trying to put a bag together for a mate  (mid 20s cappper)   man its SO HARD theres so much utter shiiiiiiiitttttte to sift thru , then I  found these.

they have to be the nicest looking set I think ive seen . colour scheme is great, shape................ get this , a PEAR shaped GI!!

I couldn't  believe  it , wafted thru about 10000000000000 sets of    GI   by  TM. callaway. XXIO, PING  and  Srixons most of them so  were massive  I had a hard time  processing them so  none of  them  but none really took my eye..  then these JUMPED out at me along with a set of MIURA cb3001s  from about 1860... they were GREAT. so its down to these 3  

the  XXIO   3rd pic  ( below)  were  eye catching as well... tough decision!!!

not cheap granted  but what a set to have!

20190701_095512.jpg

Edited by supo

Nice

another set that I really liked (  prob more for me )  but AFAIK  is aimd at the higher capper are   the fourteen tc888..

decent size head. HUGE cavity perimeter weighted,  but with a fairly thin sole.

I used to play and live the old fourteen tc  1000 and loved the feel, as sweet as any but the pw was a shovel, offset wise  I used to leave  it off the set and take  a yururi pw instead,   the rest of the set was so sweet  .. this newer  model is MILES more easy on the eye..  these are worth a peek then some!

saw those. they were close but the winner was the 2012 onoff 247. lovely looking heads.

big open face , pocket cavity, MINIMAl offset    thick top line,  tall  head with plenty of room to miss the centre and a  semi thick sole. cud easily play these myself.

great set of shimada 7001s as well.

heck of a set up I think.

didn't relasie the conundrum faced by the masses is chossing a set of  clubs, irons were  a bit  tought but the driver was ridiculous, I mean u have sot sift thru   tousands of similar heads , then try and match a shaft... I was looking at the  stock  off the shelf ping g400 with diamana 60s, that looked insanely easy to hit   but  the price for a used one at 45k was  rediuclous!!!!!!

so I settled  for a   2000s mid teens   onoff 9* driver  with  roddio tataki 40 s  @ 303 grams 45 inch, 9* to keep if from ballooning  and the  light but  stiff shaft to keep it on the  short stuff  more oft than not, I predict this will be used  for  a year then hell move into  a bit more oomph.

fairways were simple:

16.5* egg spoon and 21* egg 7w 

and a  big  old royal collection  sw.

looks like a heck of a set for  the beginneresque.

Edited by supo