Loop GK shaft...

nobmontana

OK ..so I recently bought a new driver head from Romaro ... Type R Ultimate Tuning!  

This head uses a similar technology as the Injected Face used in TM M5 & M6.  

Though similar technology is used,  Romaro based their's with a Type R '17 head which uses an SP700 face! 

This is still my favorite face material to date!! Which unfortunately I hear is said to go out of stock soon. 😞  

Anyway,   I wanted to pair this head with something a bit special.  a JDM boutique shaft.   I have been eyeing on Syncagraphite Loop shafts for a while now. 

Their material are PAN type carbon fiber material similar to Seven Dreamers.  All hand rolled and such!!  

Out of the Loop offering, I chose the GK model which is a high 60g weight with more or less a mid to high kick point designed with stiffer tip and softer butt section.

I need this type of shaft to help me create lag in my early release type swing. 

Anyway,  I had this GK shaft in the new Romaro head.   Results were really good and no different in performance even compared to my Ping G410 LST.  

I have been tinkering with different shafts in the Ping G410 LST in preparation for the Club Championship tournament that I have this weekend. 

Probably went through 6 to 7 different shafts in the last week to find something that is most consistent.   Today I decided to pull out the Loop GK from the Romaro and pair it with the G410. 

BINGO!!!!   OMG this shaft must be one of the most stable and consistent shaft other than the custom Seven Dreamers I had...   Actually it is darn close to the Seven Dreamers.

Feel is great trajectory is great and I am getting very good distances!   If you have not tried Loop shafts,  this is highly highly recommended!!    I need to go try more Loop shafts!!  

I feel really confident about my driver going into the club championship.    

Nob, you say that the performance was as good as the Ping, so why pull it and install in the Ping?

Forgiveness is better on the Ping,   

I am getting another Loop shaft for the Romaro head.     

What I am doing is to have my primary bag more focused on forgiveness for competition use.  

And my secondary bag has all the nicer looking and better feeling JDMs but not necessarily the most forgiving.  

Edited by nobmontana

3 hours ago, nobmontana said:

Forgiveness is better on the Ping,   

I am getting another Loop shaft for the Romaro head.     

What I am doing is to have my primary bag more focused on forgiveness for competition use.  

And my secondary bag has all the nicer looking and better feeling JDMs but not necessarily the most forgiving.  

+1

I have a Loop CL in a Grand Prix head. Really nice shaft. It was in a Grabdista LS-001 head before but that head is really not for me i like the Loop a lot. Second only to the 2015 AAA that is in my gamer.

The sensation of running like "Lightning & Thunderbolt" flash and pushing the ball with a thick impact is a unique feeling that can only be enjoyed with the LOOP shaft.  >>> another wonderful translation explaining their newest offering in the store.....

Honestly the translation is not that much off.  

Flash = very fast kick

push = compressing the ball

thick impact = dense feel at impact.   

yes most of us can get a handle on what they are trying to convey -- but it would help to have someone translating it correctly instead of relying on some rough Google attempt

I like those translations. Make it that much more entertaining. I’m all for laughs.

I have a Loop HD and Loop JJ now to try.  

HD in the Grandista RSD head and Loop JJ is in the Ping G410 LST.  

I put the GK back in the Romaro Ultimate Tuning.   

Out to the range shortly!! 

4 hours ago, nobmontana said:

I have a Loop HD and Loop JJ now to try.  

HD in the Grandista RSD head and Loop JJ is in the Ping G410 LST.  

I put the GK back in the Romaro Ultimate Tuning.   

Out to the range shortly!! 

How was the range session?

Really good!!   

- Ping G410 LST / Loop JJ S / 45.25" / D4 / 321g  ->  today's best distance 310 yards on Top Tracer 

- Romaro Ultimate Tune / Loop GK SX 45" / D4 / 327g  ->  today's best distance 301 yards on Top Tracer

- Grandista RS-D / Loop HD S 45.5" / D4 / 314g  -> today's best distance 305 yards on Top Tracer 

GK being high 60g range shaft felt most stable and consistent.  Probably the least dispersion.   More of a control shaft. 

JJ is 63g but was lower launch and lower spin.   Baby fade shots produced the best trajectory and best carry.   

The HD is 57g and combined with the Grandista RS-D head just felt like a velvety smooth Dai Ginjyo sake.  This one is more mid launch but still lower spin. It was just so smooth.    

I am totally into these Loop shafts.  They are the smoothest feeling shafts ever.   And they perform very well too!  

They are not super light weight.   But they actually feel like they are flexing at the down swing and doing its job of being the engine of the driver. 

I can't recommend these shafts enough!!  

You must have had lots of fun testing.

The RomaRo/GK combo would be best for me I think.

There is actually a heavier model even more low launching.  The Loop IP. 

I think that I the one for you. 

Just stumbled upon this thread here...will lend my thoughts. I have played the IP since it first came out, as a fan of mid 70 gram shafts, as soon as the specs were released it caught my eye immediately.

I probably prefer a slightly stiffer butt section for whatever reason, and this IP features that in both the tip/butt. They definitely are a smooth feeling shaft, I have always been more of a fujikura guy as opposed to the mitsubishi shafts; my favourite of all time was the fujikura tour-spec 771TA which was a tour only shaft, similar to the og 757 but with a weaker tip and stiffer butt.

Anyways, back to the loop, I will re-iterate what nobs has said, smooth and they definitely have a weighted feeling to them compared to what the specs say, its hard to explain...

With the Ping / Loop JJ combo.   I was having a hard time controlling the dispersion...  I think maybe the flex was too soft due to the Ping head being 207g or so.

Ended up tipping the shaft .75"  and going 211g on the head weight and now it is very controllable and it's still quite long!   I do like the weight and trajectory of the JJ.  It's perfect for a driver.  but if I were to do it over, I'd go for an SX or X flex.     and the feel is just fabulous!  

GK is heavier but still manages to go far.   GK in SX flex for me is perfect.   My Romaro head is also set to 207g.  

The HD S flex which is the lightest of the three that I have is in my Grandista RSD head 200g .. this one is 45.5".     Obviously a bit more harder to hit the middle of the face consistently but when I do...  it really goes!!    higher trajectory than the JJ or GK but not overly.   I believe this is a double kick shaft.  

Yup unidirectional!  Other than the very newest models,  I believe they are all using high grade PAN type carbon fiber. 

In a sense very traditional material but boy do they know how to roll them the right way!!   

My impression of Syncagrahite is that they are artisans who are working to preserve the culture and technique of handmade shafts. 

Something warm and fuzzy about their products. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 10:47 AM, nobmontana said:

There is actually a heavier model even more low launching.  The Loop IP. 

I think that I the one for you. 

would you say that the Loop IP is the lowest launching shaft that they make? 

I never gone on a trackman with my current RS-D / Loop GK set up but fortunately on Saturday I was able to get a glimpse of the kind of potential this combo has.

I was in a 2 man best ball tournament on Saturday and the host had brought out their Trackman to hole number 9 and did a Long Drive hole on it. 

My RS-D in my primary bag now is a 45"  build with a 9.5 deg head.    It's D4 or D5 swing weight with 328g club weight.   Not a distance build.

It's more of a control driver.    Anyway,  I hit one out there perhaps not the best shot of the day .. but it stayed in the fairway to the left only about 2 ft from the rough!  

Distance was 239 carry and 272 total.    Again not the best number that I could have had but actually it held up through the tournament and I won the driving contest!!  

Now for the real fun part....  the guy with the tablet said that my drive registered a 1700rpm back spin....  "Uh say what??"   that is really low...  in fact too low for my swing speed.

Heck... I have a 10 deg head an another shaft that is slightly longer.   Gonna build a Distance version of this combo!  

Will do a side by side comparo later today using, not a track man,  but top tracer.