The joy of steel...!

supo

re hit my taylor made tp 09  44.25 inch  driver with bimatrix 100x shaft on sat in comp along side my callaway erc fusion 3w all carbon  head from around 05  I think it was . always loved this head esp for the looks , its a small compact chunky  fat head that looks awosme from a tee but horrendous  from the deck! so I don't even bother with it from the fariway, theres absolutely  no point

re did that with NS950s fw steel.

results= 

short distance. by quite a noticeable way , a muted feel and almost a  dull, lifeless impact.

but.......................................

THE STRAIGHTEST SHOTS IN GOLF

end

of

chat.

If anyones  looking for something that goes only 1 direction  for safety,  steel wins.. and by so far its  not even close.

flight from what I  got was pretty mid to  mid higher.. not worm burner. not a balloon ball, was stock viewing

don't think id ever thake these out on my long tracks ,but they were custom built for a super short trickey track at home and they  got the job.. I bagged 2 drivers,  3 fairway woods,  (  yup first time ever, 5 woods all up !!!!)  a 3 driving iron ,    5  irons  , 2 wedges.  a putter.

used all the woods  and al the  irons  didn't use the DI.

nice to  have  more options  to get on the short grass.  that cant be over  stated.

the bag  evolves yet again............,

20190809_142134.jpg

20190809_142116.jpg

20190821_112424.jpg

20190821_112400.jpg

20190821_112345.jpg

20190821_113441.jpg

20190821_113412.jpg

20190821_113402.jpg

Edited by supo

There is a guy in our Men's club who has been club champion 13 times in the past.  But he has a two driver setup and his secondary driver has one of those super heavy Nunchuck shafts built to 43.5 inches. 

I was on the same group on Saturday and on a par 5 hole,  he took a very aggressive line on the left with his normal driver which caught the tree line and his second shot was 270 yards out with a tree on his direct line to the green. So he calls out "I'm going to cut a driver on to the green,"  pulls out his shorty driver and hits a cut stinger 20 ft to the pin.   What an amazing shot to watch!!    initially hovering to only about 2ft off the ground and after the halfway point,  the ball started to float up a for a nice soft landing on the front edge of the green, steadily rolled toward the back end towards the pin.   Miraculous!   

Got me thinking there a bit about a 2 driver setting.  🙂.      

If I were to build one,  I would choose a smaller head that has a shallower face.   I think the S Yard T.388 in 10.5 with the head weight adjusted to about 210g or so.might be a good candidate  I'd combo it with a NS Pro 950GH FW.  

if u don't need/use  a 3 wood or  even  5 wood, it makes sense to me to bag the best  clubs for getting on the fairways  to start  your journey to the pin.

having 2 drivers , one for distance one for pure accuracy  sounds a lot more feasible than having a 3 wood that u hit  four times a round if ur lucky, unless ur Henrik of course.... I find I like the safety of , ok this is a tough drive , take the  safety driver and  don't miss by much and if its a airstrip, bombs away!

most people  don't game a 3 or 4 iron and im seeing a lot of 5 irons are getting turfed as well  these days. then the trusty ute is the go to long  club which will never get  on to the par 5s, but leave a wedge in to the flag and a good putt  seals the points.

bags are changing massively...2 drivers is not a weird thing at all. or  as I wil do  at my home track one short str8 driver and multiple  fairway woods and no long irons., I kind of hate my home course , I never score on it, ever... its only 6400 yards from the tips but I stil have not worked out whats the best combo bec theres lakes and creeks all over  it right where the driver  reaches and its by the sea so the wind is always afactor.

drives me crazy!

played both of these  most days on home course can cud not fault them.. not long,  definitely not the longest by some yards, but scarily  straight and consistent. tiny draws were the order of the day,. just a cpl of feet.  wud give up too much in JP on the grass we got here to  play on but for where   I was , sorry all my ubersclokens   got benched.

teamed these up with a prgr  tour 5s with diamana thump 9 WHICH IS  CLOSE TO STEEL  without it being such...  and well... game over for  home golf on the short courses.

seriously  consistent.

Edited by supo