New RomaRo driver

gregoire56

the new Romaro Ray Type-R Ultimate Tune driver says in the listing that its face is made of a special mix of materials, including SP700. I was under the impression that there is no more SP700 being produced because the last factory that created it closed. I'm wondering if anyone has any information to clarify this discrepancy? 

they wouldn't lie - probably had some in the back room just for one last hurrah

Probably the last of the few models to come out with SP700.    Mizuno Pro drivers switched from their SP700 faces to some type of Beta titanium .. not sure what ... but they had moved away from SP700.   Not clear whether they switched due to supply or because Beta Ti was the better performing.... 

I bought a Romaro Type R Ultimate Tuning recently,   they applied the same technique as Taylormade M5 M6 "injected face."    

Using SP700 cup  face, they apparently went a tiny bit beyond the allowed COR and then using a resin pocket behind the hitting area to fill it with resin to de-tune the COR within the limits.    

Feel wise it is soft off the face,  but has a different sound than any other SP700 head that I've had.  

This one reminds me of the Titleist 913 D2 sound with a soft tingy metallic sound mixed in.    Actually starting to like the sound very much. 

Also this head does not let you go left.  It takes me a strong grip plus a deliberate in to out swing to get it to draw.    

It only comes in a 10.5 loft but it plays like a 9.5.   

Paired up with a Loop GK SX shaft,  it is mostly straight with occasional fades. 

Together with the Ping LST I now have two "ACE" drivers. that I can game any day without any hesitation.  

LOVING IT!