I've gone mad.... forgiving irons all the sudden seem really boring...

nobmontana

13 hours ago, proswing89 said:

Gentlemen,need some advice which set of shafts to install on these Kyoei KK MB blades iron. I got a set of Monaco stiff and shimada tour stiff, also looking for set of project-X 5.5 any suggestions.

Thanks

Welcome to the blade party!!  🙂 I had Monaco Stiffs soft stepped once in my Shinagawa MBs previously but I'll be honest they did not feel that good.  The Shinagawa MBs require either Modus 120 Stiff or Graphite.   

For best feel  ( and if your swing speed matches...  )  my very subjective opinion is that Modus 120 Stiff provides the best feeling.  Trajectory wise, I wanted it a bit lower than the Modus 120 ... so I went to DG AMT S200 which I think is a good compromise between feel, launch and weight.  

So for Kyoei MBs my suggestion would be either the Modus 120 S or DG S200          

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they are the raw heads  then either of those 2 u have are ideal .

I  had  some sp blue in a set of kyoei satin heads  and they weren't as nice as in the raw  yururi heads I had  and a set of epon af tours , the af tours LOVE  those shafts the kyoei no so much.

kyoei and yururi are the same head , go figure!!!!

for certain  , modus 120 wud be perfect tho.

Edited by supo

This morning I had my first round in colder weather (43deg F )   And I have to tell you playing the Cleveland Blades was really hard!!  

These irons are a full club shorter than what I’m used to under warmer conditions and now with colder weather,   2 full clubs shorter.    When 7 iron only carries 135 ....  uhhhhh...  no.

very different game all together.   I was going to use these over the winter in an effort to brush up my iron striking...  but heck I’m not sure any more.     Maybe the DG AMT are too spinny?  

Might try Modus 120 or Project X in these to see if I can get a bit more carry.  

Problem with 105 are that they really mess up with the feel at impact.   I was at a local shop to try the Mizuno shaft optimizer fitting with the new MP20 blades...  they felt really nice ... my recommended shafts were:  AMT Tour White Stiff or KBS Tour Stiff or Project X LZ 6.0 in that order.   Was surprised no Modus shafts were in the recommendations.    Based on the Optimizer results the AMT S200 in the Clevelands should be spot on.   I hit em very straight... just Very very short.. will give it more time. 

Hit my irons today, which have KBS Tour X, in a sim next to the Cally Apex MB with Project X 6.5.. was hitting the Apex’s almost a club longer but I think it was due to the Apex having stronger loft and low launch shaft. However, i definitely need to put low launch shafts in my irons. My trajectory is just too high right off the club with mid launch shafts, even playing the ball in back of my stance.

Does anyone know of a high quality steel iron shaft that’s heavy weight and low launch and is also available in .370 parallel tip? I know of DG, PX, and C-Taper but that’s it. 

Decided to give another go with the Yonex N1-CB...  but this time with a lighter Modus 120 S vs the original stock 125 S.

Had a couple of range sessions already and I feel I have better control and not have to strain through my swing so much. 

I think Modus 125 was just getting bit much.  I hate getting older.... 😞

I decided that the AMT S200 in my Cleveand 588MBs were also a bit much shaft from a stiffness and weight ( on the shortener ones ) perspective so I picked up a set of Project X LZ shafts to try.   When I tried the LZ shafts in the new Mizuno MP20 blades,  they felt very good and I was hitting the ball very consistently. 

On a side note,  those new Miura MB-101s sure look pretty!  Must resist.. must resist!!