honma, new mods made in china

supo

20mims hitting the new wedges and Justy Roses mbs  at a trade fair day at my range,

5 honma reps all looking totally quisically at me  when the simple question ," these heads are forged where"  was asked.

reply after seveall muttering consultations  with each other 

"made  by honma business partners".

"some in japan some in china"

seems the 717m are NOT made at  the same place  as the new rose and  727m  model which after my guestimate of thier best answer......

and all  the new stuff is made in china  and assembled in japan.

cabt get a str8 anwser out of anyone anymore.

to which i OBVIOUSLY chose to  mean  they aint forged  here or they have been extolling thier pure virtues to the days end.

i did like the heads tho. and the wedges were rreally spinny,

good design but  not for  me!

bte..we shud change the name of this forum to MIC clubs bec EVERYTHInG new is!!!!!!

Edited by supo

THANK YOU!!! I asked this question almost a month ago on here when I noticed the new irons are s20c instead of s25c like the older irons.. i'd heard that the 737 lineup was made in China and wanted to know if they were continuing that practice or if they switched back to a Japanese forgery because, you know, "Made in Japan SAKATA" 

I was really hoping that Honma had switched back to a Japanese forgery, SO GLAD somebody was able to get an answer tho

the older models as im the tw717m ...are made in japanbut not.sure where i dont think.its at honma. not.endo not kyoei not wait for it...dramatic pause.."miura" ohgod.dont anyine.go there.or ill close.this thraed down str8away.. anyways thats what  they were mutting about..... someome.said tada  but  not prepared to say thats what he said.

confusing.

new are.NOT i  japan if.roseys arnt then the rest wont be.

. the thing that gets  me is if honma threw in the japananufacturing towel then theres.no hope.for  jdm oems as awhole.

gutted.totally.gutted

Edited by supo

We all know KYOEI and Seven irons are made in Japan! 

I’ve recently picked up an older model NOS Mizunos and a made in Japan Cleveland Forged....  

Almost have to go back to old models for finding the really good stuff that are made in Japan. \\

Edited by nobmontana

yup I agree, my newest model clubs are Seven and I have a couple of the OnOff '17 Kuro woods. otherwise the rest of my gear are older models that were definitely Japanese manufacture and that's all I really look for to buy anymore too