New Miura irons

gregoire56

Who’s got the skinny on the new Miura iron models? 101, 301, 501.. I haven’t had the opportunity to personally try any of these, and have heard bits and pieces of opinions and info here and there, but they all look nice (love the minimal stamping) so I’m wondering who’s tried them and how they perform? As good as previous generation Miura designs?? 

I had the chance to try the MC-501 when it was released...  As the name suggests,  Muscle Cavity is exactly how it plays.   Looks like a blade but plays like a cavity. 

Some may say it's a Neo muscle back.  I feel that the biggest difference in a modern bladed design vs traditional bladed design is the location of the sweet spot. 

I think it is a better fit for the cavity user over someone who is use to using a traditional blade.  It's slightly longer heel to toe compared to say a MB-001 but only a tad. 

sweet spot is slightly larger than your traditional blades do you get a bit of forgiveness but you still need to be a decent striker of the ball to get the benefits.   

I think the MB-101 (which has not bee released yet BTW) will be a huge hit amongst Miura fanatics / traditionalists as well as others who have been seeking to upgrade their player's cavity and move up into more traditional blades.    

CB 301 I think was a good addition to the Miura line up.  The super forgiving clubs from Miura in the past has been multi material and honestly when you buy a Miura, you kind of expect it to be fully forged carbon steel.   So I'm glad to see they now have a full carbon steel forgiving CB.  

Excellent info, thanks for the reply. I probably should have paid closer attention to the 101 info and realized it’s not actually out yet. 

The 301 and 501 both sound like really nice clubs, very good additions to the Miura lineup. I like when there are practical and noticeable differences with new models and not just subtle changes to traditional blade or CB designs, it definitely makes for a more complete lineup that caters to all different types of players. Sounds like these new Miura designs are definitely on par with traditional Miura quality, love it. 

For the 301.. what does it’s size and shape look like? I had a hard time determining just based on its pics. Is it compact with minimal offset, or more of a mid sized CB with moderate offset? I am definitely into the very forgiving forged head (could be a wonderful 3 and 4 iron in a combo set), and if it’s size and shape are compatible with more compact CBs with minimal offset then it seems like that model in particular is a home run for the Miura boys. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 12:33 PM, gregoire56 said:

Excellent info, thanks for the reply. I probably should have paid closer attention to the 101 info and realized it’s not actually out yet. 

The 301 and 501 both sound like really nice clubs, very good additions to the Miura lineup. I like when there are practical and noticeable differences with new models and not just subtle changes to traditional blade or CB designs, it definitely makes for a more complete lineup that caters to all different types of players. Sounds like these new Miura designs are definitely on par with traditional Miura quality, love it. 

For the 301.. what does it’s size and shape look like? I had a hard time determining just based on its pics. Is it compact with minimal offset, or more of a mid sized CB with moderate offset? I am definitely into the very forgiving forged head (could be a wonderful 3 and 4 iron in a combo set), and if it’s size and shape are compatible with more compact CBs with minimal offset then it seems like that model in particular is a home run for the Miura boys. 

I'd love to hear on much of this as well...