I love match play!! And winning with JDM clubs made it that much better!!

nobmontana

Had an away Men’s club match play event today.  Was paired against a 10 hdcp. I’m playing to a 4 now.  Had to give 6 strokes!!  That’s a lot to over come!!   We were All square to No. 5  but starting on No.6,  things started working my way.  Won 6 to 9 for a 4up at the turn.   Gave away No.10 due to a 3 putt, halved No.11.    From there, I took 12 thru 14 to finish the match.   6 and 4!!   Felt really good!!!  

Today’s set up: 

Grandista RSD 9deg / Loop GK 

Modart MA01F 14 deg / Loop FW Seven 

Modart MA01H 19 deg / Crazy STP 85

PRGR IDBL 5-9 / DG AMT S200 

Cleveland RTX 4  46 deg / DG AMT S200

Cleveland RTX 4 Forged 50 56 deg / DG AMT Tour White S200

Benock Blue Dragon II 

Edited by nobmontana

Congrats Bro!

Thanks guys!! 

Gonna be making slight adjustments to my set up. 

- The 46 deg RTX 4 is not forgiving enough to get full shot distance consistently.  Going back to the PW in the ID BL set. 

- Just picked up a couple fo Buchi SP-301 driving irons.  21.5 deg and 24.5 deg.   (Remember these?  been looking for them for a long time since Buchi no longer make them)  

- Putting JBeam GFW 3W back as well as Romaro Type R UT. 

Grandista RSD 9deg / Loop GK 

Jbeam G-FW 13 deg / Loop GK 

Romaro Type R UT 18 deg / Crazy STP 85

Buchi SP-301 21.5 & 24.5 / shafts TBD but likely DG AMT 

PRGR IDBL 5-PW / DG AMT S200 

Cleveland RTX 4 Forged 50 56 deg / DG AMT Tour White S200

Benock Blue Dragon II 

2nd round of the match play against the same team today. 

Played the same guy from last week but this time on my home course.    Again giving him 6 strokes .  Ugh... 

I was 2 down after 14 holes.  4 holes left to play with two of the remaining holes were stroke holes!!  

No. 15  won the hole with a par...  I'm now 1 down.   No.16 (stroke hole)  I had a par.  He had bogie so we push.   No.17  I was par and he had bogie.  

Match is all square with 1 hole (stroke hole) to play and it's a par 5 dog-leg-right. 

I hit my Grandista RS-D perfectly with a slight fade down the right side of the fairway.   He put his drive in the right tree line.   Oh?...  

2nd shot he hits a big branch and advanced the ball only 30 yards.   3rd shot he tops his 3 wood.   

My 2nd shot I hit my Romaro Type R hybrid 200 yards middle of fairway. 

His 4th shot was decent and lands on the green but 40ft away from the hole. 

My 3rd shot I am 115 yards away ... I hit a 3/4 PW and ball land on the low side but pin high.    About 20ft away.  

His first put (5th) he leaves it short to about 10ft from the hole.   I'm thinking he can still make 6 from there.

OK so if I want to get a full point for my team I need to sink  this putt.  

Been leaving some putts short today due to the greens being really slow from the rain we had last night. 

So all I am thinking at this point is "get it there"    Luckily the line was pretty straight with slight up hill.  

I put all my focus on the alignment and gave it a nice wack.   perfect line...  a bit too much speed?  BOOOOM!!!  got my BIRDIE to win the match!!! 

While I admit I did enjoy the 6 and 4 win last week... I think I enjoyed this week's down to the wire game so much more.

I had so much fun!!