Remember these? Buchi SP-301

nobmontana

My current irons in the bag are 5-PW PRGR ID BL shafted with DG AMT S200.

Very happy with how they perform , look and feel.  I've recently been using the Honma TW-U Forged #4 as the 4 iron to fill the gap between my 18 deg hybrid and the 5 iron.   Though the Honma TW-U forged is a fabulous club and very forgiving, the multi material head did feel different from my IDBLs. 

So I have been in search of a solid carbon steel forged driving iron for my 4 iron ( around 24 deg ) and even a 3 iron (21 deg). For the last year or so I have been on the hunt to acquire Buchi SP-301 driving irons which I understand are no longer being produced unfortunately. Finally last week,  a couple of them showed up on the used market and I quickly grabbed them.  

An 05 and 06 model which are 21.5 and 24.5 deg lofts!!   The 05 is shafted with an Attas Iron shaft 10 S and the 06 has a NS950GH S.   Went out to hit them last night and they felt familiar and soft as my ID BLs.  Between the two,  I did prefer the feel with the steel shaft over the Attas graphite shaft.    I am considering re-shafting them both with AMT S200 shafts to blend them better with my iron sets.   Driving irons made with one piece forged carbon steel are rare and so I intend to keep these for a long time.    Woohoo!! 

IMG_6818.thumb.jpg.36b7e8f64303f34aa20c3db95ba1271e.jpg

I had a 5 that I recently traded with a chap on here. It is great I think! Had it shafted with a Diamana Thump 105x. Great match too. Swing badabadaba. I want my driving irons to have a flat flight, not like the Honma’s. Feel is superb too. Nice catch Nobs 

i did something similar to  my links set of idlbs with NS STx , the tw u  Di is such a wonderfull DI  but the vizard shaft is a bit theatrical for me , esp in  the wind so I  got an old  prgr  speed iron , 3 iron and threw a NS sp orange into it.

No offfest  and it  matches the IDBLS perfectly,

that's prob my fave DI now, its such a big fat sold club its perfect off  a tee.

winner  winner  chicken dinner!!!