New to forum- new to jdm (mij) golf

claytushaywood

Hey there!  I’m a big diy fan and I learned audio and instrument (mostly guitar related) electronics purely from the web starting about 15 years ago- now I own my own music shop.  I’ve been getting into swapping shafts, grips, weighting, trying to get into bending, fitting and more shaft Tec stuff like flo. 

I got back into golf about a year and a half ago and lucikly had a friend into high quality forged clubs. He recommended some Bridgestone j38 dual pocket cavities as a forgiving iron with great feel.  I was hooked immediately.   that super soft but firm thwack (thwrack, whipcraftck) is all I wanna feel forever.

now I’ve gone and bought some mizuno mp37, mg cb 1007s and some hogan apex 98’s and I also won an auction for single 6 iron mb001 just to check it out. 

I just saw Dhgates listing for miura cb1007s and all the amazing options they offer like you choose the face shape, sole grind, groove milling type, finish, etc etc etc.  I know they’re too good be to true. But do you all do counterfeit advice here?  I really don’t have much reason to think my cb1007s are fake- the weighting and feel of the club in my hands is so pure.  but I haven’t had the chance to hit them much due to the weather and I’d like someone with more experience and knowledge to take a look at em before my return window runs out.  

id really appreciate it!  

Also- can anyone give me a size comparison on the Bridgestone J36 combo set and the J40 CB irons?  I have the j38dpc to compare as well as the irons I just mentioned.

i really like the looks of the combo j36 set as well as the j40.  The j40 looks like the sole is a bit thick for me but maybe it’s just the length of the blade.  

I’d be really interested to see a collection of number measurements on jdm (or mij “made in Japan” as they say in the guitar world) clubs.  And I’d be happy to contribute to it.  Does such a compilation of data exist?  I think that’d be really cool to have available- a standardized method of measuring all of these club heads we so covet.   Measuring blade length, sole width, offset, top line thickness, hosel length.  Probably really difficult to standardize.  But a thread of comparison measurements and pics of peoples collections would be super cool!  Anyone else interested in contributing?

thanks for having me and thanks to those That read this super long post with ideas (probably old ones) from a Newbie

Glad to be here!

ive attached pictures of my 1007 6 and 9 irons.  Lemme know if I can send anymore details.  I’ve only been able to hit a few range balls out of my backyard in 40 degree temps and I haven’t really been able to pure one and know by the feeling.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to the forum! The 1007’s look legit to me.

irons look good to me