Headed to US PGA Show

TourSpecGolfer

Last year I went.  This year going again.  Non-Exhibitor

While the US Show is bigger there are never any surprises like at the Japan Show.

I'll say hi to Tario (onoff) and Tat's(pxg) for you guys.

Shall I cover the U.S PGA Show for giggles? 

Definitely. 

Yes, please do!

Enjoy

The show was crap... again.

Big and pretty but nothing new other than some copper finished Mizunos which TSG clubworks can do on any iron.

Show lacked knowledge other than what OEMs feed media.  Everything Hypey, no emphasis on quality clubs or tech.  

more than half the show is apparel.

All the clubs there are sold at PGA superstore already and we knew they were coming...

everyones all dressed up in blazers.  

trying to find anyone at the booths who know anything other than generic marketing lingo is not possible.

bummer!  cant wait for Japan.  I love see’ing factory uniforms on the dance floor.

We need to create our own show for small brands.  doesnt have to be JDM but small US makers too.  I can get behind those who care,  I cant stand employees who dont know shit or care to learn.  clock out and go home.

gonna skip tomorrow and fly out early.

Was nice to hang with T thou.  miss that guy.

Bummer!!   Sorry to hear the show was no good. 

I watched a YouTube video of this guy who was at the demo day this week and he was going around all the brands to hit their latest drivers. 

After making a round of all the booths,  he picked 3 drivers he really liked:    

No. 3  PRGR Tune 02 driver

No. 2  2020 OnOff Aka driver 

No. 1  Cobra King Speed Zone

Other than the Cobra,  he had preference towards JDM drivers!!  

Never seen this guy before and the video was very casually recorded but I just thought it was interesting that he chose those drivers.  

Maybe Tario took good care of this guy at the booth!?   🙂

On 1/23/2020 at 11:14 PM, nobmontana said:

Bummer!!   Sorry to hear the show was no good. 

I watched a YouTube video of this guy who was at the demo day this week and he was going around all the brands to hit their latest drivers. 

After making a round of all the booths,  he picked 3 drivers he really liked:    

No. 3  PRGR Tune 02 driver

No. 2  2020 OnOff Aka driver 

No. 1  Cobra King Speed Zone

Other than the Cobra,  he had preference towards JDM drivers!!  

Never seen this guy before and the video was very casually recorded but I just thought it was interesting that he chose those drivers.  

Maybe Tario took good care of this guy at the booth!?   🙂

Nob, can you post a link to this video? I would love to see what this gentleman had to say, just out of curiosity 

13 hours ago, gregoire56 said:

Nob, can you post a link to this video? I would love to see what this gentleman had to say, just out of curiosity 

I think he really liked the look of the OnOff

loved the non-conforming shaft on the GIII.  Thats the future of non-conforming if you ask me.

spine at 6pm to avoid head droop.  that's the ticket!

I like Mr Short Game. Great to see other manufactures being highlighted. Thanks for the vid cuistot and Nob.

Edited by Ian-500