Well... it looks like this will be my New Year's Resolution!

Last Friday night,  after having dinner with a couple of drinks I go into my office and look at the PRGR drivers that I have been working on, thinking about what changes I want to make...    Then all the sudden I started feeling dizzy and had lost sense of balance,  gradually things started to look blurry....    Woah..  am I going to faint?    Luckily I didn't,  but called out my wife for help...    She immediately said to measure my blood pressure and ... 180+ is showing on the machine.    Holy cow!!   This is the highest I've seen ever.    I mean I've never been a low blow pressure person ..  but when it was high it was in the 150s and very occasionally in 160s.    Last 3 weeks I've been off of all forms of exercising due to the holidays and then recovery from oral surgery ...  Been taking ibuprofen 600mg at a time 2-3 times a day for the last 2 weeks which could have been a contributor too.  Anyway , this mini event got me really worried. 
My Mom had passed from heart failure which was caused by high blood pressure.   My Dad who will turn 85 this year had high blood pressure problems during his 40s and 50s.   So I guess it's partly hereditary but I really need to lose some weight and get myself healthy.   This is ridiculous!  but at the same time a reality.   This was indeed a wakeup call for me to make some changes to my lifestyle. 

You should get a full checkup, minimum, Nob. ASAP. 

Ok you gotta start intermittent fasting.  https://www.snakediet.com/getting-started

Beginning your first Snake Diet fast

• Eat supper
  • Begin your first 48hr fast- stay occupied and drink SNAKE Juice...
  • Weigh and record your weight the same time each day. Test your urine for ketones the same time each day.
  • Continue your usual daily activites.
  • Feed. Do not gorge yourself. Watch Snake Diet video on feeding protocols.
  •  

Went to a clinic this morning and found that my BP monitor device consistently reads 25 to 30 higher than when measured manually.   

We only had a couple of reads today but we're gonna monitor BP for the next couple of weeks and then a follow up visit. 

Dizziness may have been a one time symptom of Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) 

The doctor said High Blood Pressure is usually not associated to dizziness.   

A bit of relief, but at the same time,  still consider this a good opportunity to look after myself a bit more. 

I hate getting old!! 🙂

Which device do you use? I like Qardio a lot.

Some cheap thing that I bought at Costco a few years ago.   Ordered an Omron yesterday.   Hopefully will read more true to actual.   

• 3 weeks later...

My wife is going through vertigo recently.

Epley manuever which can be done at home has helped.  youtube it.

Also your doc may want to check for an infection in the ear.

---

You always look fit to me,  for sure diet and exersize helps.  I would do full checkups with my docs.  start the new year off right.

The doctor mentioned that my dizziness probably was a benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.

I was in a dark room crouching down.  and when I tried to get up was when it happened. 

Now on light dosage of blood pressure lowering medication together with regular exercise during the weekdays my blood pressure already seeing improvements. 

Also had a blood test done and triglyceride is high.   Possibly slightly diabetic too.    

I think I just need to drastically reduce my weight down about 45 lbs or so....  get down to about 180-185 lbs...    

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 9:57 PM, nobmontana said:

The doctor mentioned that my dizziness probably was a benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.

I was in a dark room crouching down.  and when I tried to get up was when it happened. 

Now on light dosage of blood pressure lowering medication together with regular exercise during the weekdays my blood pressure already seeing improvements. 

Also had a blood test done and triglyceride is high.   Possibly slightly diabetic too.    

I think I just need to drastically reduce my weight down about 45 lbs or so....  get down to about 180-185 lbs...    

Easy to do fasting if done correctly. I went from 285 to 203. But as a cook I’ve been cheating picked up 20lbs. Once you start burning body fat your energy is off the charts.