AXIS irons, wedges.. Waoow drivers

supo

Had a good chat with the owner of Waoow  drivers on sat at the range  , he had a stall up and said come have a hit so I did, had a variety of drivers ,shaft,   specs  so I tried them out.

head shape at address Is  VERY  reminiscent of the PRGR  rs  range. face shape is deep and triangular with  a compact look for its size, shafts something called ARCH , never heard of them but they are  designed to do the big  high launch thing and fall over like an,,,,,,,,,,,,,,arch!

FOR THE LIFE OF ME  I AGREE  with that,  they laucnehd very high and  did what they said.

feel was tops , like MODART.. muted and sweet. soft sound, soft  feel, I liked it , very much the opposite of my set ups. I took my dirver  I had in my bag  and showed him the difference  in flight, he said ,ahh u msut be  English or Aussie , no one  would  play that flight here..

hahahhahaha.

iagreed!

Then  I ahd a peek in HIS bag.... ohhh yea!

the irons I found were something I FINALLY decided I cud buy and  kick some others out. they are custom grinds. called AXIS, I know the wedges but t hey are super exxy and I just cant spend t ha much on wedges so I let them pass in the past.

buti had a hit with his irons,,  Z2 mbi

precision CNC forged of s20c steel.

DG tour issue x100 in them and they didn't miss a beat, PW is fantastic to look at at address, no offset, thick sole, thic muscle  and semi thick top line with a comapact size.

LOVED THE LOOK.

hit a feew 7 irons and  just said yup  can add these to the masda, epon honma tourstage stable with ease.

solid impact,, super solid impact.

will consider these with great  interest as the season this year kicks off.

3 thumbs up!.

20200127_094003.jpg

20200127_094030.jpg

Edited by supo

Text is a little big but lovely head shape.

• 2 weeks later...

There isn't any process called CNC Forged.

AXIS is using KYOEI forging and Oichi in others . S25C and S15 or SS400.  Right now there is a huge issue with brands in Japan stating S20C when using SS400 or S15C.

For example Axis Z1 wedge and irons is S25C  by KYOEI - Z2 and MB is claimed S20C but its an Oichi blank thats never been offered in S20C.

Oichi does not have S20C but I see brands using Oichi forgings and labelling them S20C.  If I contact Oichi today there is no S20C.  

Also only the back face is CNC milled which is a travesty,  Where CNC matters is that the face and grooves are milled not the back face.

Also anything KYOEI has more presses and a precision press where Oichi does not have a precision press.  Precision press is exactly what Miura calls W.D.D and Miura learned that at KYOEI.

imo.  forging vs forging KYOEI tops Miura and Oichi but for shape, fit and finish Miura wins.  

U guys want TSG to sell AXIS?

I saw a picture of this Waoww driver before and was not a fan of the name or the aesthetics at all 

0393F837-B852-41D8-B996-2858E417CC9E.jpeg

yea ive seen that  particular driver head about  it looks crap!
hes got normal ones in all black that look fine and the other colourfull ones that , well...           don't  really   look  that great .

I  thought   his  axis were prob.  form  kyoei, they have that look to them  and a very full feel, not butter soft.  solid,dense,full.

big fan of that   feel  and as I hit them  with DG x100s in winter one cud only imagine what  a nice set of NS in summer might  be like!

Honestly if  u added them to the stabl e these days I  don't thiunk ud sell a single set.

NO ONE plays/wants  mbs here anymore for a lot of years...

id prob ask him to tone down the lettering a bit, the heads  alone don't require much  ado, they look great without any wording at al

Edited by supo

On 2/4/2020 at 9:13 PM, supo said:

yea ive seen that  particular driver head about  it looks crap!
hes got normal ones in all black that look fine and the other colourfull ones that , well...           don't  really   look  that great .

I  thought   his  axis were prob.  form  kyoei, they have that look to them  and a very full feel, not butter soft.  solid,dense,full.

big fan of that   feel  and as I hit them  with DG x100s in winter one cud only imagine what  a nice set of NS in summer might  be like!

Honestly if  u added them to the stabl e these days I  don't thiunk ud sell a single set.

NO ONE plays/wants  mbs here anymore for a lot of years...

id prob ask him to tone down the lettering a bit, the heads  alone don't require much  ado, they look great without any wording at al

Thx Stew, MB's dont sell well in Japan and Korea.  They sell like hot cakes in the states.

Yes their looks have a problem.