Callaway Apex MB Tour Version Irons by Miura

gregoire56

callaway_apex_mb_tour.jpgThese tour issue Callaway MBs are off the chart sexy, I can't find anything about them that I dislike.

The Miura shape gives them such gorgeous lines and angles, the look at address shows an almost scary thin topline and so little offset it'll make a blade purist drool. I especially like the look of the PW at address.

The differences from the '18 Apex MB are pretty obvious from any angle. The head has sharper, straighter lines. The flow from the top line to the hosel is flawless. The extended hosel fits my eye better than a short one. Milled grooves are always a plus. Even the finish looks noticeably nicer just from the pictures.

In my humble opinion these are absolute gems. 

callaway_apex_mb_tour_edition_iron.jpg

Edited by gregoire56

I like the too buttThese are the MB-5003's  Same Kyoshin Finish and spin welded hosels and grind.  

TSG has been saying MB-5003 is Miura's best blade since 2007, no one listened and while during that whole time USDM casuals is saying baby blade and 1957 is their best which by the way have not been used in Japan for over 20 years and are shovel shaped in the short irons.  No idea why people's eye's can't the oversized look in their 8/9/PW for all the Miura Legacy models.  

Now the MB-101 comes out which is also the 5003 and all of suddenly everyone thinks 101 is the best.  It's a 12 year old regurgitation branded as new for the global market 

TB-Zero will likely be the MB-102 in the future based on their release history.

Here is how it goes - take old Japanese model,  change stamping and release as new in the states.

Oh boy can I go on a rant about this... let's take EVNROLL.  while MGS, WRX and others are touting this as a revolutionary new groove pattern the tapered groove described in their patent in 2016 was in use since 2003 in Japan.    Hoshino Gauge Design Putter, GTD Limited 150, Even the Reoness RP-02M has them in our proshop.

Titleist VG3 comes well before C16 but everyone thinks the new T400 is based on the C16... nope.  The predecessor of the C16 is the VG3 so that is the origin. compare VG3 Type-D to C16 and T400,  not only in looks but tech and structure.

PXG?  HT1770,  hollow, TPE in body that's not PXG,  its Maruman, Bridgestone and Yamaha almost a decade before.

USDM brands finally going Ti in fairways and UT's.  omg.  this is OEM's having to do this at the last moment to stay competitive on distance against each other while Japan has been doing this for a very long time before.  

All of the above examples are touted as new or fresh patents on WRX and MGS because these guys simply listen to what the brands tell them.   A bunch of golf writers and testers not industry experts.  You can tell they are in the OEM's corner when everyone releases new info on the exact same embargo date.  Because if you don't then you are out of the media group.  What kind of spy is that?

rant over 🙂

I am a big fan of the rants, they always contain a whole bunch of interesting info 

I think the recently released TB-Zero in Japan are eventually going to become the TB-000 or TB-001 in the Global Line. 

Japan always have the cooler stuff!!!    

If the Japanese companies had stronger global marketing power and advertisement skills,  it wouldn't be like this.  

On 2/4/2020 at 3:39 PM, gregoire56 said:

I am a big fan of the rants, they always contain a whole bunch of interesting info 

haha thanks i will keep spittin um out.  

hahhahaa  i  missed ur spurts of fury and rage at the throngs  of.listless  mongs!

dont start me on usdm miura . clearly everyone is blind. the pw on them cud be used as toll gate!

but no ome wants to see.it.

and pxg.for400 k.

yea right

On 2/12/2020 at 1:59 AM, supo said:

hahhahaa  i  missed ur spurts of fury and rage at the throngs  of.listless  mongs!

dont start me on usdm miura . clearly everyone is blind. the pw on them cud be used as toll gate!

but no ome wants to see.it.

and pxg.for400 k.

yea right

haha that is the best description yet of what I do.  spurts of fury and rage!