Wedge with distance?

Norboo

I have two sets of OnOff 2015 Kuro which I love.  However, I have hard time finding a gap wedge to fill in the gap between my PW and GW.  

My PW goes 140 yards and all the 50* GW goes 120 yards.   I would like a wedge that can cover that gap.  Any recommendation? 

Common problem.

Irons are designed one way,  then blade wedges another.  

true Matching wedges are key but brands don't do it as they would sell far fewer blade wedges.

If you must go blade wedges test the lofts out to see if they fill your gaps.  

2 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Common problem.

Irons are designed one way,  then blade wedges another.  

true Matching wedges are key but brands don't do it as they would sell far fewer blade wedges.

If you must go blade wedges test the lofts out to see if they fill your gaps.  

Thank you.  I've tried most wedges from CBX, CBX2 to all US blade style gap wedges.  I might have to get my RTX4 50* bent few degrees and see if I can fill the gap or look at JDM wedges.  

I'm not sure what wedges are the CBX and CBX2.

If your PW is 46* or 45* then it would probably be a little much to remove another club just to add something like a 48*, so if that's the case then I would go to the range and practice hitting your 50* a bit further back in your stance and your PW further up in your stance to try and cover that 130yds. I'm sure one or both of those would work. 

Another option you'd have would be to bend your PW to 44*, and buy a 48* blade wedge and bend it to 47*. Then you'll have 44*-PW, 47*-blade wedge, 50*-blade wedge. 

7 hours ago, gregoire56 said:

I'm not sure what wedges are the CBX and CBX2.

If your PW is 46* or 45* then it would probably be a little much to remove another club just to add something like a 48*, so if that's the case then I would go to the range and practice hitting your 50* a bit further back in your stance and your PW further up in your stance to try and cover that 130yds. I'm sure one or both of those would work. 

Another option you'd have would be to bend your PW to 44*, and buy a 48* blade wedge and bend it to 47*. Then you'll have 44*-PW, 47*-blade wedge, 50*-blade wedge. 

Cleveland CBX or CBX2 Wedges.

Do your wedges have much heavier shafts compared to your irons?   OnOff '15 Kuros have 45 deg PW but if it has a much lighter weight shaft compared to what is in your wedges, that might cause distance discrepancies.  

I have a 46 deg PW which goes 110 yrds in current winter conditions and Japan Model 50 & 56 deg RTX4 Forged 

with distances of 95 and 80 respectively.     All have DG S200 AMT in them.   

4 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

Cleveland CBX or CBX2 Wedges.

Ahhhh then I stand corrected.. yes, I do know those wedges. 

11 hours ago, nobmontana said:

Do your wedges have much heavier shafts compared to your irons?   OnOff '15 Kuros have 45 deg PW but if it has a much lighter weight shaft compared to what is in your wedges, that might cause distance discrepancies.  

I have a 46 deg PW which goes 110 yrds in current winter conditions and Japan Model 50 & 56 deg RTX4 Forged 

with distances of 95 and 80 respectively.     All have DG S200 AMT in them.   

I have the same shaft in my irons and wedges.  

Interesting.    But it actually isn't the first time I heard of this.   One of my playing buddies had the same issue.   He hit his irons miles longer than I did but his wedges were much shorter. 

I think you just have to forget about the lofts and get a club that gives you the right distance gapping. 

yes and even if your lofts match up the distances may not due to the club head design.   So actually mapping out the distance gaps is importanto.