Honma TR20

gregoire56

Honma-TR20.jpgIt looks like Honma has changed the name of its TW (Tour World) lineup of clubs to the TR lineup, for "Tour Release". First up for the TR lineup are a pair of new driver models and a pair of iron models. 

For the drivers they have the TR20 460 and 440. At first glance both drivers seem very aesthetically pleasing. According to Honma these are their most technologically advanced drivers to date, with nearly-total carbon body and a new titanium frame. I particularly like how they describe the adjustable hosel: Honma’s unique Non-Rotating Hosel system allows the club head to be adjusted +/- 1.5 degrees in face angle, +/- 1 degree in loft, and +/- 1 degree in lie angle without changing the orientation of the perfectly spine aligned Honma VIZARD shaft for more consistent performance and impact delivery. 

The new irons are the TR20V and TR20P. TR20V is a player’s iron for player’s distance. Forged from S20C carbon steel with a modern cavity back design for easy-to-launch performance and shot control. TR20P is also a player’s distance iron but with game-improvement features as well. It has a forged S35C steel body with L-cup face for improved ball speeds, a tungsten-weighted pocket cavity for speed-enhancing forgiveness, and a low center of gravity for higher launch and longer carry distance.

I'll be excited to hear what everyone thinks about these new TR clubs, especially since Honma has already set the bar pretty high with most of their previous TW models.

honma_tr20_460_driver.jpg

honma_tr20_440_driver.jpg

honma_tr20v_iron.jpg

honma_tr20p_iron.jpg

Edited by gregoire56

No more tour world  as the TR20 replaces it.

I was a big fan of 747P.  hope the new P is equal or better.

I got all samples here and will shoot soon.