Irons - Players CB's looking for suggestions

604_skyline

Hey everyone,

so my quest to get to one bag has begun, I have sold most items (although still have 2 brand new sets of wedges (a grind black limited and first run chikara prototype) that i am still looking to sell, as well as a brand new golds factory private stock no.2

my goal is to start fresh from the ground up and to build one bag, no excess.

*I have a driver; JBeam J3 Tour and putter; Grandista McQueen GSS on order through TSG

Irons are next up on my list; I am thinking players CB. Would love everyone's help. 

A Grind R1 CB? Miura Giken TC-101 ordered through miura craftsman world the way I want. But really am open to suggestions, thoughts.

Anything out there in S20C that would fit my criteria?

a-grind, excellent choice.

one of the newer  mizunos looked nice too.

onoff kuro  ..

pointless me chiming in il only point u to old stuff.. its  miles better . than pretty muc hanything ive seen JDM in the last fer yrs.

go back to 2011 and look  u might get a pleasant surprise

btw.. its made of  EXACTLY the same stuff!

2 hours ago, 604_skyline said:

Hey everyone,

so my quest to get to one bag has begun, I have sold most items (although still have 2 brand new sets of wedges (a grind black limited and first run chikara prototype) that i am still looking to sell, as well as a brand new golds factory private stock no.2

*I have a driver; JBeam J3 Tour and putter; Grandista McQueen GSS on order through TSG

Irons are next up on my list; I am thinking players CB. Would love everyone's help. 

A Grind R1 CB? Miura Giken TC-101 ordered through miura craftsman world the way I want. But really am open to suggestions, thoughts.

are you only interested in new irons or are you also considering older models?

some newer model player's CBs are: Honma TR20V, Fourteen TC920, Miura TC-201, Yamaha RMX 020, Baldo Competizione 568 T2, OnOff '17 Kuro, CGS Orion Closer CB, Kyoei KK CB or Protoype CB, Epon AF-305,Seven CB and SC

some older models I can think of off the top of my head are: Yonex Ezone CB301, OnOff '15 Kuro (I think somebody is selling a set on the BST), PRGR iD Nabla Tour, PRGR iDBL, Yamaha RMX 118, RomaRo Ray CX, Fourteen FH900, Epon AF-Tour CB, Mizuno MP-66

Yamaha 2009 to 2013 are highly rated.

OnOff forged 2011 to 2015.

S-yard GT type-s.

Taylormade Burner forged 2009 and I'm going to try the R9 forged soon.

Tourstage 705m

Loads of others.......

Would love to try the Mizuno MP55/66

I don't think hunting for S20C makes much sense as based on the design, finish and dimensions of the club S25C can easily feel softer.  feel really depends on many factors then if you move to SS400 or S15C you are even softer in theory but have lie's and lofts getting bent out quick.

Of what you mention TC-101 with MCW options sounds awesome.

ooohhhhhh.. k

Yamaha  tour 2010.
nabla  tour   , good if u like a squarer  shape

syard.. like that one  ,good call!

prgr tr500!!!

prgr idbl   still cant be beaten  IMO

2017  shingo model  onoff kuro I love!

tourstage 701g  SUPERB irons

much as I hate to say it..  TM  tp 09 cb ( designed  for sir Nick)  iactually ahs this set and loved them. NEVER again has a tm set foot in my  bag,, same as the driver , the triangle Tp driver is til lsue with a bimatrix 100g steel tip  for links play @ 44 inch

09 they got the TP so right!

thanks for the replies everyone...

i am totally ok with older models; the only caveat being the condition of the heads must be brand new, so if i could find a brand new set of the yamaha tour's from 11/12/13 i would be all over them, 

so yes older models are fine, provided i can still find a set brand new (which is not so hard to believe, as there was a brand new set of mr-23 us blades for sale less than a month ago on yjp auctions)

12 hours ago, 604_skyline said:

just came across the Masda HC-01 they look damn good!

as well as the PRGR Tune 01 CB....

and finally the Orion Closer Cavity Back

Out of those three,  I would go with the Closer CB.  ( or even the CB/MB Combo )  

On 2/18/2020 at 8:31 AM, 604_skyline said:

Hey everyone,

Hey off topic a little, how do you find the j3 tour? Compared to black 435? Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

What about refinished older irons? TSG do mighty fine work.

Or the TC-101 before the Kyoei in my book. 

I think TC-101's with MCW is a good option.

21 hours ago, bngolfer said:

What about refinished older irons? TSG do mighty fine work.

Or the TC-101 before the Kyoei in my book. 

Yes,  Tour Nabla's,  iD BL's,  something along those lines refinished.

On 2/20/2020 at 6:42 PM, 604_skyline said:

Have not had the chance to hit the J3 Tour yet, was only ordered this past weekend, still have to decide on a shaft, leaning towards loop prototype ip. 

Back to the irons, am I missing the obvious choice? Kyoei Prototype CB?

The KK CB,  I am working on replacing this model next.

15 hours ago, D22marshall said:

Just get the seven cbs and be done

Easy choice but $$$

5 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

I think TC-101's with MCW is a good option.

Yes,  Tour Nabla's,  iD BL's,  something along those lines refinished.

The KK CB,  I am working on replacing this model next.

Easy choice but $$$

Seven feel really good

544F4C0C-5258-4A5C-B24F-BCF890D6F290.jpeg