Seven CB Review

yubin89

I decided to pick up a 6 iron (first gen) on eBay since it was sold as an individual club to compare it to irons I play.  (Miuraism SB-01, modart CBC, onoff 247D, mizuno jpx 919 tour).  I use modus 125 in my blades and project x lz for my cavities, so a lz went into the seven cb.

Feel: I was surprised how good the club felt, I would say it feels soft across the whole face which is kind of like the epon personal 1.  Even though these are cnc like the modart they felt a whole lot softer, not sure if it’s because of the material or the design.  I would say these are second favorite feeling irons all time behind the miuraism on a well struck hit, nothing really compares to the baby blade for me.

Distance:

The distance of the was also very good and it was quite forgiving across the whole face.  I would say it’s longer than everything I have aside from the miuraism again, however results from mis**ts were much better with the seven cb. 

I just wanted to share my experience with the seven cb and was wondering if anyone else plays them or has a set for sale?  I’d be interested in the cb or the new blades.  Does anyone else have anything to share about seven cnc milled clubs?

Get them and don’t look back.

i have the gen 1 cb and wedges.

agree with all your comments think the longer you play them the miuraisms will become a distant memory.

its the first time every that I never consider looking at irons.

i know there will be haters out there but you can’t argue with quality.

also take a look at the Kyoei putter. Yummy

ps pick the 4 iron up too from where you found the 6 iron hard to find

Edited by D22marshall

I actually want to try get my hands on the new blade to see how it stacks up.  A brand new set is pretty expensive to buy blind even though I know it’ll be quality, just want to see if there’s people who have had it.

disclaimer I own and design SEVEN.  

So I designed the CB for feedback, shape, workability.  It is not meant to be soft anywhere outside of center.  WHY?  because this is a cavity back that blade players can move into.  What makes it that?  shape of the face,  cg locations are the two biggest factors.  I did not aim to make an iron that was soft all over the face but rather provide a firmer feedback outside the sweet spot so you can actually tell when you hit it bad.  The casual wants an iron soft all over,  but those with more time obsessing over equipment long for feedback. The CB is also very workable as well thanks to it's shape.  Glad you found it soft all over.  Results always vary depending on who is hitting what.  What is cool is that one person has qualified for their Tour Card using the latest model SEVEN CB.  paid full price.

MB,  I can tell you that two of the worlds top 5 players have now hit these.  no intention to switch because I'm not paying a dime to them.  We have had PGA, EPGA tour players hit these irons. ( MB, SC, CB ).  What I will say is that these are a true players blade I dont suggest it to anyone who does not have precise ball striking.  I have heard +2 handicaps comment that these require skills.  That said the #1 player in the world was hitting these like nothing else and without his specs.

The MB is progressive dimensions, progressive CG locations,  progressive hosel lengths and is full cnc milled.  There is nothing technologically any big brand is doing that can be better.  Thats why for now I am sticking with 1 piece forged irons is because I know I can beat anyone in this category using the combo of Japan materials, made and full CNC.  

There are approx. 3 dozen sets of MB's on the planet.  All sold,  with 6 more sets coming end of next month.  4 of those are pre-ordered.

Hope u dig the info.

I have the 1st Gen MCB's, and they absolutely ended my long & winding road through just about every iron possible. Never felt anything like them, never anything better. (My review from way back is up here somewhere, you could find w/ search if interested)  I too say go for it., you won't regret it. 

best & GL 

--RL 

Is there any place or store In the US that has either a 6 or 7 iron CB or MB to hit and determine which one works and feels best for the particular golfer. I’m itching to pull the trigger on these for awhile now but want to determine which ones I’d like best.

Chris, I know you’re a world traveler but if it so happens you’re around Northern California In the near future or even in Las Vegas, if you still have your residence there, I’d like to find a time to hit these and finally pull that trigger.

Edited by reggie

13 hours ago, reggie said:

Is there any place or store In the US that has either a 6 or 7 iron CB or MB to hit and determine which one works and feels best for the particular golfer. I’m itching to pull the trigger on these for awhile now but want to determine which ones I’d like best.

Chris, I know you’re a world traveler but if it so happens you’re around Northern California In the near future or even in Las Vegas, if you still have your residence there, I’d like to find a time to hit these and finally pull that trigger.

I have no samples in the usa,  we just cut our only USA account (true spec) and now have zero dealers in NA.  That's a good thing btw.. in fact everything is sold out except 1-2 sets of the new CB.  More is in production but with only 6 sets a month coming in products do not hang around for very long.  email me,  I will see what we have in Japan to send you.

18 hours ago, RLL33 said:

I have the 1st Gen MCB's, and they absolutely ended my long & winding road through just about every iron possible. Never felt anything like them, never anything better. (My review from way back is up here somewhere, you could find w/ search if interested)  I too say go for it., you won't regret it. 

best & GL 

--RL 

MCB's are a fan favorite.  Seven has 2 new releases this week guys 🙂

Good to see you're doing well with these. They're awesome.