New KYOEI DUAL WEIGHT Irons!

I designed this iron to fit between club designs like the Epon 305 & 505 or Miura's 201 & 301.  I felt this was the sweet spot between a players CB and a semi compact iron.   

kyoei_double_weight_iron-1.jpg

How will KYOEI's new Dual Weight Iron match up against Miura's TC-201 / 301? How about against Epon's 305/505?  Find out how their new iron stacks up - http://blog.tourspecgolf.com/kyoei-double-weight-iron/

kyoei_double_weight_iron-9.jpg

kyoei_double_weight_iron-10.jpg

Really like the look from address, and very industrial looking on the back.

Thx~!

My focus on these was to create an iron in a sub-segment. Bigger than a players Cb,  smaller than a mid size Cb.  My inspiration was onoff kuro's from back in 2015.  But I wanted just a hair more forgiveness, more distance and an updated shape,  not to say that anything was wrong with the kuro's.

I also wanted to target the Miura CB-301 / TC-201 type player.  The customer gripes on the 301 was the size and sometimes offset which the KYOEI iron solves,  the gripes on the TC-201 is it's still a players CB and while an excellent one is still demanding for some of our clients,  both great irons but I believe anyone who hits these KYOEI's Dual Weighted Irons will shelve their Miura's.  

I've always been a good ball striker and shotmaker. Played blades for many years, then player's cb's (PRGR idbl + Yamaha Tourmodel since 2010) and last year the 718 T-MB. These however, look really nice! If I would do anything to the design, I would have a more snub nose - like the 2017 Kuro's. Great effort with these!

On 3/26/2020 at 8:30 AM, bngolfer said:

I've always been a good ball striker and shotmaker. Played blades for many years, then player's cb's (PRGR idbl + Yamaha Tourmodel since 2010) and last year the 718 T-MB. These however, look really nice! If I would do anything to the design, I would have a more snub nose - like the 2017 Kuro's. Great effort with these!

can you elaborate on snub nose?  you mean more rounded tip of toe?

Sorry, no, the boxier, sharper toe edge like the Zodia or 2017 Kuro's. This is pretty good the way it is though. Far from a Yonex Cyberstar roundness that I really don't like. 

On 3/24/2020 at 3:49 AM, Ian-500 said:

Really like the look from address, and very industrial looking on the back.

Yes mate the look at address is what catches me here also. looks like they have a bit of everything. Not really a weights ports lover in irons, but seems to be on trend ATM.

Overall nice looking with quality finish.

18 hours ago, bngolfer said:

Sorry, no, the boxier, sharper toe edge like the Zodia or 2017 Kuro's. This is pretty good the way it is though. Far from a Yonex Cyberstar roundness that I really don't like. 

You are one of the few who like the 2017 Kuro shape.  The two years they featured that were a toss up in the history of kuro line.  I liked that toe, but it was just a very big departure from the year prior.  It's when shingo started influencing the Kuro that sharp toe entered.  None of my designs will ever have a sharp toe simply due to visual preference.

3 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

You are one of the few who like the 2017 Kuro shape.  The two years they featured that were a toss up in the history of kuro line.  I liked that toe, but it was just a very big departure from the year prior.  It's when shingo started influencing the Kuro that sharp toe entered.  None of my designs will ever have a sharp toe simply due to visual preference.

It’s all subjective but yes, I like it. Completely understand that your designs have to follow the majority opinion though. These irons are on my wanted list. Along with the Seven CB and the Orion Closed combo.