Cleaning Golf Grips experiment

cuistot

Self quarantined on a sunny day bored of TV YouTube ya da ya da. So I saw something on the internet on how many ways one can use WD40. Water and tub stains , toilet bowls, gum all kind of weird shit. Then I looked at my wedge I keep to chip with in the living room .  It’s got this Iomic grip that mo manner of scrubbing w soap and water will get clean. WD40 to the rescue mates!  See the pix. I did discover it is a good idea afterwards to scrub with Hot water and soap lest the grip might disintegrate. What do usens do to clean grips?

ACF91707-024B-49A0-9536-BF279CD319E4.jpeg

C80F477E-E9A3-4200-A930-8EE537921749.jpeg

E78671F4-053F-4EC9-B5ED-A7B0A6B07F12.jpeg

96B365E6-C4A1-40E1-B252-8F9EDB44F403.jpeg

Wow that is impressive, WD40 who woulda thought. We use naphtha at the shop to clean our grips, that also works well. 

26 minutes ago, supo said:

huhhhhhhhhhh...  well I ususally use a hook blade knife  and a new grip.

this I gotta test out!

I know, some of these grips are upwards 20uusd +shipping to usa. I like the Masda . and Iomic sticky oh and the XROZ but Im getting cheap in my old age. Tried it on Iomic Putter and brought it back. Sure hope they don't discorporate. 

Edited by cuistot

good  decent cheap  brand are by STM , kind of  harder compound  but  sticky so they feel  soft but I don't think they are , ur hands stick and don't move a MM with them   but they are pretty   thin.

got em on a cpl of lob  wedges,  realy like them on wedges , they can be had for dirt cheap prices.

• 1 month later...

Greensoap (not sure if that is the name in english) doesnt dry the rubber out image.png.d87aab5e50d5b85177665b27c533d49b.png