DOCUS Limited Edition irons

gregoire56

Docus_MB6.jpgI know DOCUS has made high quality products for a while, but for whatever reason the aesthetics of their clubs never really appealed to me. This has changed as of the release of the new Limited Edition MB, CB and wedge. These clubs look awesome.

Here we have the Haraken Docus Japan Forged Limited Edition series featuring forged MB irons, forged CB irons and forged wedges. 

Docus Japan Forged MB Iron – Limited Edition – The MB iron is a muscle back made of S15C carbon steel. Contrary to its compact and sharp looks, it pursues both distance and forgiveness at a very high level. By taking off some weight from the top section of the back, it is designed to lower the CG location for easier launch of the ball. These beauties are made In Japan. 

Docus Japan Forged CB Iron – Limited Edition – The CB iron is a forged cavity back designed for easy distance. It is a mid-size cavity back design made of SS400 forged carbon steel. In spite of the slightly larger head size, the Docus_CB4.jpgoverall profile appears to be sharp thanks to the unique neck shape. 

Docus Japan Forged Wedge – Limited Edition – The wedge is made of S15C carbon steel and designed to keep the ball on the face a fraction longer, which helps generate excellent spin performance. It directly inherits the shape and design of one of its most popular predecessors, the DOCUS 701 wedge. The semi-straight hosel with minimum offset should allow for very high consistency on approach shots from around the greens. 

I really really like the looks of all three of these new clubs. I like that they don't use any paintfill, I like that the materials are s15c and SS400 just like my Seven x Shinagawa irons and ST wedges, and I absolutely LOVE the very compact look of the MB. At first glance these look like special clubs. 

Docus_MB1.jpg

Docus_MB2.jpg

Docus_MB3.jpg

Docus_MB4.jpg

Docus_MB5.jpg

Docus_CB1.jpg

Docus_CB2.jpg

Docus_CB3.jpg

Docus_CB5.jpg

Docus_wedge1.jpg

Docus_wedge2.jpg

Edited by gregoire56

Don't like the stamping but love the view from address. 

I don't think there are a lot of S15C MBs out on the market.    Plenty of S20C and S25C MBs but somehow not much S15C....   My Seven x Shinagawa MBs are S15C but don't know of much other.   

2 hours ago, nobmontana said:

I don't think there are a lot of S15C MBs out on the market.    Plenty of S20C and S25C MBs but somehow not much S15C....   My Seven x Shinagawa MBs are S15C but don't know of much other.   

CGS Orion has the Himeji x Tsubame MBs (I think that’s what they’re called) which are S15C.. I think there’s also a recent MB which uses it too, but in general you are correct there’s pretty much none with the exception of those two or three that I can think of 

And keep in mind that the material is not the be all and end all of feel.  design actually has a bigger impact on feel.

Same...3 x Finger prints on the blades and wedges out....Docus Design writing good.

Harakan around leading edge top toe or back of hosel.

Nice finish.

15 hours ago, supo said:

join..... stamping is horrible but address is lovely.

Agree completely. Beautiful from address, horrendous from the back. I guess I could learn to love it if it feels great though. Be interested to see what these play like, and whether or not they hold their specs with such a soft metal.