No More Yoro's

Mizuno just ended the MP-5, 55, 66.

The last 3 models Mizuno made by hand in Japan.

No more Yoro custom stamping and grinds 😞

How come the latter "mizuno pro" irons from the last couple years were never available via the yoro program? It appears you can get a different finish on the mizuno pro 120, but not the ability to change stamping or grinds.

.I am talking the mizuno pro 118 and the mizuno pro 120 with regards to them never being made available via yoro....seems like this was a foreshadow and once the remaining stock of the mp series was depleted that was the end of the yoro program.....

Edited by 604_skyline

On 4/27/2020 at 12:22 PM, 604_skyline said:

How come the latter "mizuno pro" irons from the last couple years were never available via the yoro program? It appears you can get a different finish on the mizuno pro 120, but not the ability to change stamping or grinds.

.I am talking the mizuno pro 118 and the mizuno pro 120 with regards to them never being made available via yoro....seems like this was a foreshadow and once the remaining stock of the mp series was depleted that was the end of the yoro program.....

Yoro now means custom shafts and build specs, and in some models custom finish.

Before when Yoro was only made of the hand made models it was for custom finish, stamp, and grinds.

Majority of Mizuno irons are made in China now.   

15 hours ago, parputt said:

Chris are you going to try and grab a few sets for the pro shop?

No they are done.  not sold anymore.  

There is confusion about where the latest models are made.  I'm not 100% myself.

I think the 1 piece models are still made in Japan or at least partly made in Japan.  But if this was the case they could still keep custom grinds and stamping alive. 

So maybe it was just a pain in the ass to keep this custom dept open with such little sales.

Mizuno has changed their distribution model a lot recently,  focusing on Mizuno Pro dealers and big box stores.   We can't get the pro series.  

As skyline has said all the new Mizuno Pro models are part of Yoro but not offering grinds and stamping adjustments.