My Covid Purchases - KYOEI Putter, CGS Orion Wedges

golftech

After month+ indoors self isolating, I decided to reward myself with a new putter and wedges from TSG.  As always, Chris was quite helpful in my election and I went with the new KYOEI putter in carbon steel with the black DLC plated finish.  The milling quality (even more detailed than my Swag) and finish are amazing.  More importantly, the feel is addictive.  It’s quite soft, but with great feel for speed control excellent.  Face milling gives a tight roll fairly quickly.  Precisely the feel and sound I was looking for. 

For the wedges I choose the CGS Orion Type-S which are a slightly rounder shape (brought back memories of the FE 99.3 TourStage wedges I purchased from TSG in 2006).  Nice C-Grind makes them quite versatile.  The most stunning aspect is the finish and feel. The polished chrome on the back is mirror like, plus with copper underlay the feel is really soft.  Only hitting indoor chips and pitches, but can tell these will be in the bag once golf courses re-open!  

Thanks again Chris for your help,

2E9EAD47-DEA4-4D7A-8466-B48CD2EA1370.jpeg

508DA273-D7B4-4068-81E4-81879E00E669.jpeg

21F6163E-497A-49AB-9CB2-699494EA3B92.jpeg

628D7BE3-4D74-42A5-B9F6-108D30C49F73.jpeg

6206A586-9719-4F06-82BA-EC1FDA6A43D5.jpeg

9F768B88-0ECC-4FFE-91EF-C9AE5DE01E56.jpeg

Edited by golftech

6 hours ago, golftech said:

The milling quality (even more detailed than my Swag) and finish are amazing. 

I hear you.. since I was spending so much more time on my computer I wound up finding a couple of awesome deals on some very good condition preowned clubs. I couldn't say no.

out of curiosity what is the Swag that you're referring to?

Ummm, well, 'Stay at Home Spending,'.....

• Accra iSeries Proto iCWT 105 X x4

• Miura CB•301 # 4 Iron

• Miura Raw Tour Milled HB 62°

• Jordan ADG White / Red

• Jordan ADG Black / White

• Jordan ADG Grey / Grey

• Jordan ADG Black / Teal

• Jordan White / Dark Concord ( Found! )

• Nike Golf 2020 5 Way Carry / Stand Bag

• Fujikura Tourspec Speeder 904HB X x1 ( NEW, 42"! )

• Miura Giken CB•1008 # 5 Iron

• Miura Craftsman World TB•Zero # 5 - P

• Miura Craftsman World TB•Zero P / S

• Miura Giken 2020 5 Way Caddie Bag

....I need help!

......Or just send me back to work!

Nah! Almost all was long anticipated and thought out. November 12, 2020 is my 35th Birthday ( ALSO, the scheduled start of The 2020 Masters! Once in a lifetime! Maybe once in an every other lifetime! ) . I was allowing myself to be a bit generous this year.

The LAST 4 Items were finalized and paid for, last night, with Chris! Excellent experience thus far! Can't speak highly enough! Now. Count down is on!

Edited by EaglesGolf99

1 hour ago, EaglesGolf99 said:

• Accra iSeries Proto iCWT 105 X x4

• Miura CB•301 # 4 Iron

• Miura Raw Tour Milled HB 62°

• Jordan ADG White / Red

• Jordan ADG Black / White

• Jordan ADG Grey / Grey

• Jordan ADG Black / Teal

( * Need the White / Dark Concord ( aka Dark Purple ) ; Wink. Wink. Double Wink! HELP! * )

• Nike Golf 2020 5 Way Carry / Stand Bag

• Fujikura Tourspec Speeder 904HB X x1 ( NEW, 42"! )

• Miura Giken CB•1008 # 5 Iron

• Miura Craftsman World TB•Zero # 5 - P

• Miura Craftsman World TB•Zero P / S

• Miura Giken 2020 5 Way Caddie Bag

wow.. impressive. pics will be required once this setup is all together

Edited by gregoire56

11 hours ago, gregoire56 said:

I hear you.. since I was spending so much more time on my computer I wound up finding a couple of awesome deals on some very good condition preowned clubs. I couldn't say no.

out of curiosity what is the Swag that you're referring to?

It’s the Swag Suave One.  Impressive milling throughout, plus the milled flow neck is a unique shape.  It’s nice, the the KYOEI already has become my favorite. 

Here’s my covid purchases:

Yonex Ti Hybrid MB #3-PW - I’ve been searching for a set of these in good condition and for a decent price for years. I finally found a full set in EXCELLENT condition 

Crazy CRZ-435 - the infamous bomber. I’ve been reading member posts about how great this driver is ever since I discovered TSG. I will now be able to experience it for myself. Even got one with custom paint fill 

57E2B4E6-5550-4708-95EA-1BBB43BCBF52.jpeg

0816CF75-181B-4B27-A4F5-393B0348B433.jpeg

8 hours ago, John sears said:

Very very nice

Thank you, good sir

10 hours ago, supo said:

those yonex are awsome  irons.

I have not had a chance to hit these yet.. I completely understand the concept of the titanium in the muscle and how/why it works, but what I’m wondering is how someone like yourself would describe these compared to a normal one piece forged head as far as playability is concerned? Shape wise they definitely look like a semi-compact MB and not a CB, and I understand that the size of the “sweet” area on the face is a bit larger because the titanium is creating a cavity effect inside the muscle, but do they FEEL more like a CB or an MB? The size also makes me think they’ll be more workable like an MB, is that true? 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Awesome blades and cult driver.

If you ever need a refinish let me know.

Are you refinishing driver heads through clubworks now Chris?

Long awaited Covid purchase

Love the look of these. The hollow internal cavity with the slightly wider sole is interesting and somethings I had too try.

Love my blades so something that can give that blade look and feel but with a hair more forgiving could be best of both.

Lots of mass low down in the back with a slightly larger/longer profile in the 3,4,5 than with usual sets of blades. Sort of makes sense and how I imagined a set of blades in the long irons should be. Very pleasing to look at from the top across the whole set.

These will be shafted with Crazy STP 3-pw with Xroz black silver grips.

Something different....Very much looking forward to using.

Putter doesn't look too shabby either. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by hutchy

On 6/16/2020 at 7:49 PM, hutchy said:

Long awaited Covid purchase

Love the look of these. The hollow internal cavity with the slightly wider sole is interesting and somethings I had too try.

Love my blades so something that can give that blade look and feel but with a hair more forgiving could be best of both.

Lots of mass low down in the back with a slightly larger/longer profile in the 3,4,5 than with usual sets of blades. Sort of makes sense and how I imagined a set of blades in the long irons should be. Very pleasing to look at from the top across the whole set.

These will be shafted with Crazy STP 3-pw with Xroz black silver grips.

Something different....Very much looking forward to using.

Putter doesn't look too shabby either. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wow show the build pls when done

2 hours ago, cuistot said:

Wow show the build pls when done

Still prep stage at this point.

Very busy at work But hopefully done for the weekend.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg