WA is opening up golf courses next week.. but..

Starting May 5th,  WA golf courses will re-open. 

• They will limit groups to twosomes ( except when you are a family group who live together ) 
  • One person per cart except for family members. 
  • No bunker rakes to be made available.  Just smooth out the sand with shoes. 
  • Pins on greens will not be allowed to be touched or removed.  
  • Some courses may eliminate pins all together and use an alternative marker to indicate hole location. 
  • The cup on green will be elevated so that balls will not roll in.   

I guess they all make sense from a safety perspective but scoring will be messed up with regard to the no hole/cup idea...

I wonder how the PGA Tour will be playing that part of the game ... 

• 6 months later...

That's awesome, thanks for sharing. Can you say, as an expert, what do you think about websites like Grumpy Gopher which offers golf instructors based on their experience, giving people choice to select any of them? Is it worth it, in your opinion? I've heard a lot of positive comments about such instructors.

Edited by randall12u

I have not had too many paid lessons my entire life.   Maybe 3 or 4 by a local pro at the course I normally play.  I take more of a self exploring approach.  Never used the Golf Gopher thing.  In my opinion, one instructor who works well with another individual does not guarantee that instructor will work well for you.  As you can tell from all the different instruction videos on YouTube, there are millions of different approaches to teaching the golf swing.  I feel that it's really a trial and error process to find the right instructor and the right approach/lessons that match your needs.   For me, past club fitting experiences revealed a lot about my swing characteristics.  Based on the feedback from my fitting sessions, I would go online to find good drills to correct the issues identified from the fitting sessions.   Golftec has been a good place to visit once in a while to characterize and analyze what I am "currently" doing in my golf swing.  I say "currently" because I believe my swing is constantly changing over time.   

My biggest win this season was the iron shaft fitting at Golftec.  I was fitted with Project X LZ 5.5 in my irons and my iron shots are 10x better than it was before.   The main revelation during the session was that LZ 5.5 gave me proper back spin numbers where as other shafts like AMT White just did not give me enough back spin.    I was hitting the sweet spot more with the LZ55 to which translated in more consistent distance.  With proper back spin,  I think my iron shots are much more stable and consistent.   I now have a reasonable GIR number.  🙂