huge/big/medium/smaller/compact /tiny

From the last 2games  iron.results and preferences  i had to have a peek at  just much bigger head sizes actually were. and my god.theres a  huuuuuuuge difference.

my go tos over the last 2seaons ahve been masda mb(3rd.from right) honma tw(2nd from right) tourstage maru,miurism sb,.. i e hardly ventured anywhere  else with some good results orre.oft than not., so i thought id line em up and seefrom the left.

onoff

miura cb1003

prgr idbl

masda mb

honma tw

a grind r1

and  the spiits

onoff/idbl/r1

onoff/r1

i kinda think ur best off sticking to a size that isnt far offits very hard to go ffro. tine  to mid and impossible to go further afield.

think ill stick to tje rigjt side of the spectrum for a.while longer..i just  cant go left of mid any  more.

20200502_102910.jpg

20200502_104051.jpg

20200502_104131.jpg

Nice comparo pics!!     Love the shape on that R1.   The OnOffs look huge compared to the R1s in the last pic!! 🙂

this is the size  id like the.most .a compact small/  mid but .thicker.top line blade, 

my next set  i think

compact body , thicker.top line

20200125_163125.jpg

20200503_093239.jpg

Edited by supo

• 3 months later...

disagree......

the miuraism sb01 is similar to the BB in size.

it  has is thick topline , here it is with the honma tw

its  slightly smaller look but a more fuller impact  with less vibration jarings i find than most  small iron heads. i go round and round with the miuras bec sometimes icant stand looking at that boxy square look and others i simply love it,, where as with the honmas , their rounded easy on the eye look never ever does that to me.

id play the isms all day over all other mini blades if the grass is high bec the thicker topline offers  a sense of confidence whereas say my toursatge marus which have a  paper thin topline, or say the r1s are better suited to really short, dry grounds.

the over all size of the miuras is prob  just ,jerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrst bigger than the r1s and the honma 30s  which are the smallest.

il pop ups some blade comparisons .. bec their is a giant differce in the micro iron  world as  much as there is in the  micro jumbo heads.

if i can be  assed ill do a micro blade comparrion.

Edited by supo