clubs you use the most year in/out

supo

I just went thru my shots, i do a synopsis after every game,

score,  front back nines, gir, fairways, putts.

funnily enough,i think i  leave 10 shots per game on the  course every game ,no matter what i shoot i always go,  fk,, that so easily cudda/shudda been a  blahblahblah...

so went thru the last cpl of games and  the clubs i hit.

typically...

driver 12/14 of 14  every round , occasionally ill go a 2 wood, or drop  the driver on short  courses   but if its in the bag, the big dog eats!

driver alt. 1-2 typically if its in the bag, if im playing comp or for coin maybe 3-4  but as a rule , it only comes out in emergency ,  its an insurance club but worth the premium  if u need it!

3wood..  2-5.   on longer courses  itll be on each par 5 and maybe if the 2 aint in the bag, i might use it off a tee but  ultra ultra rare for   teeshots hence  why i like  sleek all distance 3w.

5 wood. 1-3, not overly used on longer courses but on shorter  ones ill drop the 3 and add this instead.

3i  1-2 max.

4i  1-2 max

5i  3-4 max

6   4-10  

7i  1 or 2

8i   0-1

9i    0-1

pw  0-3

aw  0-5

sw  5-15

lb 5-15

putter . waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many to even consider being a decent player. not many games i go under 30  putts. in fact  32 seems to be a number that springs up a lot.

so obviously this is slanted to course length bec  on long tracks ill hit driver/ 5-6  combo  into the par 4s  on most holes  on shorter courses its mpore like  be driver  8-9-pw , but i dont typically play short course any more 

the 7 prob gets used on par 3s on short courses and   the 3 and 4 on long  par 3s on long courses.

the  pw is almost moot bec id prefer to shoot a long aw or a weak 9 as the pw is the most fugly club in the bag.

long tracks  obv the tendency to  higher to miss green so the lw and sw are PROB my most important clubs out side of the driver.

i spend  an inordinate amount of shots getting sneaky with chips, crisps, slashes, toe bunts to save a score.

says something of my iron play  bec my drives are pretty darn consistent !!!!!!

driver tops

sw 2nd

lw 3rd

6 i next. then daylight.

putter......................... dont start me! 

Edited by supo

I had the club championships this past weekend. God awful putting. 78 on Sunday with - 41 putts. Great job Björn... But going through the three rounds I used the driver on 10 holes each round off the tee and 2/1/2 off the deck on long par 5's. 3-wood off the tee on 2 holes per round and off the deck just once. 5-wood off the tee on one hole each round and on the 2'nd shot of one par 5 twice (6'iron the first round after a monster drive :-)).

As far as iron goes, I hit 4-iron off the tee on one par 4 on every round. Once on a par 3. 5-iron once on a second shot on a par 5. 6-iron off the tee on some par 3's and on the second shot on a par 5 as mentioned above. 7-iron off the tee on a couple of par 3's. The same with 8-iron but also on the second shot on par 4's 4 times. 9-iron 4 times on par 3's. P once on a par 3. 50°/55°/60° on most 2nd shots on par 4's and on 3rd shots on par 5's. The 50° is by far the most used club that is not flat in my bag. Unfortunately I totally suck at chipping so if I miss a green and don't end up in a bunker, it's likely that I'll use the 50° more than once.. 

until i did this i didnt realise how reliant i am on good 56/60*.

u make  a bag but dont really pay attention  to detail on whats really important.

driver i pay ultra attention to , esp  head shape for diff tracks.   if its long and straight ill take out the hammers, the jbeam 435 , the astro tour, the kamui tp07  9*  if its a dogleg tricky track then the 10-10.5*  drivers come out  and the 2 woods...

occasionally the driving irons  or 5 woods.

but  i dont think too much as i shud about restacking my bag with more wedges  or 2 putters..... really this is where the big shots count.

hmmm  will do that more  going fwd