TM P7MC was actually very very good.

nobmontana

TM demo was at the range so I tried their SIM drivers and irons. 

For the driver SIM driver gave me the best numbers but to my pleasant surprise,  my Grandista / Loop GK combo gt similar numbers on Trackman. The SIM driver was 3/4 inch longer than my Grandista ....   I did not like the shape of the head ....  it's too much pear shaped.   Sound was better with the SIM MAX.   SIM had a high pitch sound.  Obviously Grandista driver wins big on looks feel and sound by a gazillion miles!!  

Irons...     P770 and P7MC were the ones I tried.  What I really wanted to do was try one of their irons using a Modus 105 in Regular flex.  

Going in,  I've had previous experience with 105 Stiff and was not a fan of the rather harsh feel.   Am I glad I tried the regulars.   They feel as good as Modus 120 S.     Trajectory is definitely higher than the 120 S but not by much.   And best of all I was getting really nice numbers. 

P770 head I actually was not too impressed with.   It just has a hollow feel even with the Speed Injection.   Not my cup of tea.  

Then I tried the P7MC which is a Solid 1025 forged muscle cavity back.   The shape really reminded me of the R9 forged. pretty nice looking other than the horizontal milling they did in the cavity area.    There are no plastic badges which I like...  and even the "T" logo is part of the milling.   on the Japanese website it says it is made in Vietnam.   if the heads are forged in Vietnam.... well I am quite impressed.  How does it feel?    It is in the same league as Mizuno and Srixon forged..   Very very good.        Traditionally lofted at 34* 7i   and 47* PW I did not expect much distance.  But with the Modus 105 R combo.  I was getting 5 yards more than my normal distance.   Perhaps the Modus 105 is slightly lower spinning.  

Anyway,  P7MCs were a pleasant surprise in this demo session for me!!  

Edited by nobmontana

Didn’t Endo move foundry to Vietnam 🇻🇳?