Best Cavity back irons

feduher

I will be pleased to know which were the best cavity, in previous years,  and which are the best of 2019 and 2020 years , BUT with true lofts, ie #4...23-24º. Thanks

I’ve also had a significant amount of sets over the years. The ones I played best with, much due to my game and not so much the clubs, were the original Titleist DCI B (not the 962 B). They had a great shape.

The best ones to me are the 2009 Yamaha InpresX Tourmodel. Lovely feel and looks. They are just right to me.

Now, I just picked up the Seven CB prototypes and I will shaft them with Crazy Target Tour 120 in stiff flex. I have a feeling they might be pretty good too.

The next ones on my list to try are the Orion Closer. Maybe a tad too much offset but they look fab to me.

Edited by bngolfer

PRGR IDBL are phenomenal with "true lofts"   as you say.    Bridgestone J015CB   (not J15 CB) are also some of the best CBs I've played.  

6 hours ago, supo said:

prgr tr500/ idbl

yamaha 2009/2010 tour or  non tour.

onoff 2017 kuro

epon 302!!

miura cb3001

straight from top of. head.

Still have not hit the 2017 Kuro’s but love the look.

The Epon 302 - second that.

From more recent ones,   TM P7MC were surprisingly very very good when I tried them.   Near Epon "Soft"   

Reminded me of the R7, R9, TP forged back in the day!!!   

Also Honma 7x7V as well as TR20(slightly stronger lofts)  are very good looking heads which I would play any day. 

Edited by nobmontana

• 3 months later...

I WISH I COULD HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO TRY MORE JDM FORGED CB'S CUZ IM SURE MY LIST WOULD CHANGE BUT FROM WHAT IVE TRIED THIS IS WHAT I LOVED THE MOST:

1.  FOURTEEN TC-777

2.  PRGR ID NABLA TOUR FORGED

3. ONOFF KURO 2011, 2015

4. TOURSTAGE X-BLADE CB 2008

5. BRIDGESTONE J33CB

6. SEND YOUR SETS TO ME TO TRY !!!

OH MY GOD I FORGOT MAYBE THE BEST EDEL FORGED CB