Modart new CBF irons

dickyfowler

Modart produced great irons without forging -- but I see their new CBF irons are indeed forged ??

they released the CBC irons in BLACK also - can only hope they follow suit here..... not that these aren't SWEET

looking at their website and the info about this new release I noted 2 points of interest for me anyway... - why have they switched to forged when they made a big deal of not forging the CBCs? And I believe they have gone from s25 to s20 steel for the CBF. Not that it's a big difference according to most people who have hit both materials in a quality forged product. 

can someone in Japan who has access to Modart check to see if these new irons will be offered in their BLACK --- as was the case with CBC model.

We're not getting overwhelmed with responses are we.....

22 hours ago, d**kyfowler said:

We're not getting overwhelmed with responses are we.....

💯

there's one....

I have played a lot of irons in my time but never put my hands on a MODART model. Anyone out there had experience with them??

that's truly fascinating....

3 hours ago, d**kyfowler said:

that's truly fascinating....

Lol. A few have tried them, but it's whether they've been banned or willing to post......

bit of a shame because the Japanese products are generally the best in the business and it would be a big help to potential buyers to get a lot more information instead of some ridiculous Google translation.  If anyone finds a youtube channel that does reviews on the Japanese gear please post it.... the few of us still here might enjoy checking it out. I've bought so many clubs sight unseen from Japan and it's not a smart move. Of course you simply cannot get to test most of it unless you live in Japan.

• 1 month later...

been available for 3 months and still nothing on Tourspec ? Maybe they no longer live this brand ? 

There is a lot of new gear out there that.. at one time would have been listed in the pro shop with a full write up on the forum, but are no longer anywhere to be seen on Tourspecgolf.

I think Chris probably has his hands full with Seven and some other brands that are now more important both business and passion wise.

We need an administrator with a vested interest. 

when you're right - you're right

We need someone reviewing JDM gear on youtube......

long overdue .... I am a big fan of the Japanese quality. I'm sure everyone on this forum is also. But I have to buy "blind" because I don't live in Japan and it's often a lot of money to pay out in the hope something is as good as it looks. Consequently I have a room full of really expensive golf equipment that has hardly been used - because you can only use 1 set at a time. I try to put the different clubs into play just so they don't feel left out... but that doesn't help me break par.  At last count I had over 200 clubs and I'm just too lazy to even bother offering the "not required"  for sale. And I know I'll keep buying. Where will this end !!  What I am noticing these days is the mainstream gear (Callaway, Taylor Made etc) are coming up with a lot of new tech and on that front seem to be outpacing the JDM. But when it comes to quality of materials, hard to go past the longtime leader - JDM.