Project X IO Comparison

Hutch

If anyone has had any experience with this particular shaft yet, I was a fan of the PXI  and always wanted to go back to them at some point, this new model looks great and sort of made my mind up pretty quickly with the brushed chrome and black white decals. Hopefully this will be a sweet build and as good as I hope. Been sitting on the heads for ages.....Just looking for some feedback on the shaft. Hoping this will be the build I have been looking for, at least for the time being.

DOA Project.jpg

Edited by hutchy

I’ve read io shares the look of the LS with brushed chrome finish. Also IO is the same weight range as the PXi BUT has a dif EI profile. IO shaft is lighter and has a low tip to butt stiffness ratio promoting a Higher launch. Now owned by TT and made in Tennessee 

8 hours ago, cuistot said:

I’ve read io shares the look of the LS with brushed chrome finish. Also IO is the same weight range as the PXi BUT has a dif EI profile. IO shaft is lighter and has a low tip to butt stiffness ratio promoting a Higher launch. Now owned by TT and made in Tennessee 

Thanks for the info mate, I am sure looking forward to using these shafts.

I will report with a bit of a review on first use. 

My understanding is that the IO is the successor to the PXi.    I am currently fit into the LZ which is middle of the range fits the broadest swing profile.  

The IO as you would know are designed to produce higher launch with some added back spin compared to the LZ.

Love the new brushed finish of the LS and IO.   Those Satin DOA heads will match perfectly with the IOs.   

23 hours ago, nobmontana said:

My understanding is that the IO is the successor to the PXi.    I am currently fit into the LZ which is middle of the range fits the broadest swing profile.  

The IO as you would know are designed to produce higher launch with some added back spin compared to the LZ.

Love the new brushed finish of the LS and IO.   Those Satin DOA heads will match perfectly with the IOs.   

Thanks Nobs. It will be a nice build and hopefully my weights/tolerances are a bit tighter in the lighter shaft. I guess with anything its about the results they produce and how they feel to use.

My lasting memory of the PXI - Ping I 20....back in the day, my best birdie run at that time with 4 in a row and 5 on the front nine. Funny how a certain set up of product can give you fond memory's and block out all the bad days as time goes on. Still I hope this build will work well. I have used the heads with a set of limited 105s. Not sure i am a big fan of the modus series. Just cant get the weight VS feel right.