New All Time Low today!! + Srixon ZX series demo day + SIM2 first look.

nobmontana

We have a Winter Tourney series going at my course and today was the 2 man best ball event and I ended up shooting my all time low of 70 !!     36/34  5 Birdies / 3 Bogies  Wooooohooooooo!!!!    As a team, me and my 75 yr young partner shot 4 under 68 (gross).   

Maybe good enough for placing.  we'll find out next week.  

I set an ambitious goal of trying to shoot sub-70 in 2021 and I came very close to doing so today!!   And it's still only January!! 

Had a couple of 15 footers go in the hole today which helped a lot.  I wish I could putt like this all the time!! 

Putter wise,  the Evnroll ER2 with the Gravity grip has been a game changer!!     

My set up has been updated a tiny bit specifically with the woods. 

DR: Ping G410 LST / Ventus Black Velocore 6S

FW: Labospec RD-247 R5 / Loop FW6TS SX

UT: Labospec RB-247 U3 / Labospec Shinari U70 S

IR: Seven SC 5-PW / Project X LZ 5.5 

WG: JDM Cleveland RTX 2.0 Precision Forged 50-54-58 / Modus 120 X

PT: Evnroll ER2 / Gravity Grip 

They had  Srixon demo day today as well and I got to try the new ZX driver, Driving irons and irons.  

Driver:  Shape wise both drivers looked identical to me.   Very playeresque traditional, almost pair shape like. 

Feel was solid but the sound was a bit tingy.   despite the compact traditional look at address,  this driver was surprisingly

forgiving and quite long.   Explains why Matsuyama finally started using Srixon driver again! 

Irons:  ZX5    felt OK ... still had a slight springly feel due to the multi-material construction.  

ZX7     felt good.  I was told they went back to Endo forgiving for the new irons.   I tried it with the same LZ5.5 I have in my Seven SC. 

honestly speaking,  my Seven SCs felt softer and looked better at address!!  

Driving Iron:   Looked pretty sharp,  not too bulky.   Was pretty easy to hit and distance was good.  

Feel was better than your typical driving iron.   

Also saw all of the new SIM2 woods at a near by driving range.   They were demo clubs but not available for demo yet as the release date is 1/19.   They went back to a black color carbon crown for the driver and fairway.   I personally liked the grey carbon used in last year's SIM.   the grey carbon looked more exotic compared to plain black.      In fact I picked up a SIM Max driver , TI Fairway and a Hybrid recently to see how they actually played.    The driver is still up in the air,  but the fairway and hybrid are actually top notch clubs.   I've stayed away from TM clubs since R11 first came out.   Not sure if I will put these in play but just another set of clubs to play around with during the off season. 

- The SIM2 Ti fairway was way more compact than the SIM Ti and they brought back the 16.5 (HL) 3 wood.    

- Hybrid comes in two flavors with SIM2 Max Hybrid was really no different from the SIM Max Hybrid ...  perhaps a touch more open faced. 

The SIM2 rescue was shaped more like an Adams Hybrid of yesteryear and had an adjustable hosel. 

- And finally the driver.   Shape from address was very similar to the SIM series.   The Blue Anodized aluminum parts on the back end looked interesting.    We'll have to see how these feel and perform.  

Overall , I had a good long day spent doing a lot of things golf!    This is how I like to spend my Saturdays!! 

Congrats Nobs! Great playing 👊

We have a foot of snow and -17C here so no golf.. 

Can't wait for demo days to start........when we're out of lockdown which could be in March! 

I like the look of the SIM2 hybrid. I also like the look of the Cally Apex hybrid to, so.....

Yup...  as you say,  I am going to tinker wit the set ups.  that's what I do! 

Irons and wedges are pretty much set for the moment. 

Not sure about woods. 

2 hours ago, John sears said:

Im in indiana and its freezing here, but your playing golf...lol

Well I am in WA now but for 15 years I was in Montana and golf was only available 6 Month out of the year.    Occasionally I did get to play in freezing temperatures mid winter there.    Golf balls bounce like superballs on frozen fairways.    

Now that I can actually go out and play nearly all through the winter,  I am trying to catch up the playing time lost during my time in Montana. 🙂 

Still, in Seattle, WA  it is very wet and cold.   Only the die hard golfers are out now.