2021 Callaway Epic

dickyfowler

Callaway are out with new Epic woods (and new Apex irons) and you can see them on this website advertised as the JDM version. That needs explaining because apart from possibly better shaft options, I see zero difference between these and the range offered everywhere else.

I think the base heads are all the same.  But I do see slightly different advertised specs, loft availability,  swing weight,  stock weight screw etc...  none of which are of a concern for me since I'd swap out shafts and fiddle with weights and hosel settings anyway. 

While I have not seen one yet,  based on previous Cally models. I would not be surprised if a bonded hosel "star"  version is released for Japan.  

On the other hand,  I doubt that they would come out with another Epic Forged but who knows! 

purely from a selfish point of view -- I'd like to see them offer the JDM as something unique - and charge accordingly. Premium materials for a start - and copper or black finishes for the irons. You can buy the USA offerings and pay for upgraded shafts and you can pretty much get lofts and lies adjusted in custom orders.  So give me something that will make my golf buddies incredibly jealous !!