SOLD — 1 putters for sale - Yamada Kamakura --- Hiro Matsumoto MZ-07 (sold)

jm3

Hi Everyone.  Haven't sold clubs on here in quite a while.  My fascination with Japanese clubs ended 5 years ago, but I still have some goodies lying around. Apologies in advance for the pictures.  I'm not sure why they upload all weird looking. 

Yamada Kamakura with Black Smoke finish - handmade. This putter has a leather Yamada grip, plays a hair under 34 inches. I believe the head weight is 375g.  This putter is a beauty. There is a small scuff mark on the topline (see picture 4). I feel it can be buffed with the right oil and elbow grease. You'll also get a very very ugly Yamada putter cover.  Priced to sell at $550.  Will cover US shipping, but international shipping will require additional dollars.

188D3B4C-8F33-4ABF-A4DD-81A0C44CEC1B.thumb.jpeg.574b5741b52f30cdf00fb464de2d6019.jpeg

IMG_2067.thumb.jpg.332dc19a81c126cfef495445da64f256.jpg

IMG_2066.thumb.jpg.71a8348e3528548d1f09c41eb78d414f.jpg
IMG_2065.thumb.jpg.fda80258d6262643a929a687bb2940da.jpg

IMG_2068.thumb.jpg.f771b18e6149da7c8dec2fd7da575815.jpgIMG_2069.thumb.jpg.d2b5c4eb33479536a836c564920983cc.jpg

Hiro Matsumoto MZ-07, handmade.  This putter has a lovely patina to it and plays to 35 inches. Putter has a camo golf price putter grip.  I love this putter and wish I could putt with a blade.  It's the most balanced putter I've swung and has a nice feel to the face at impact.  Sorry, no putter cover for this one.  Priced to sell at $old.  Will cover US shipping, but international shipping will require additional dollars.

IMG_2061.thumb.jpg.3a1fd16ddc90c9e086887faa1a46c462.jpgIMG_2059.thumb.jpg.e2e6feb67c6060926b0a969c3c6a7f41.jpgIMG_2060.thumb.jpg.4d1256ba3697c01d62c449e06d408255.jpgIMG_2062.thumb.jpg.e98e68fd2fbf34815cd979c2016640e9.jpg

thanks everyone. 

Edited by jm3
sold hiro, sold yamada

27 minutes ago, DMG said:

That Hiro is a thing of beauty... and really like the camo grip! Never seen one before. GLWS.

Thanks.  I hear this is a great putter to do a gold's upgrade on.  I'm not sure how many people still do the gold's upgrade though. 

Gold’s don’t work on non-Gold’s putters anymore 😢

Please add your hand written name tag in the picture with the putters. 

It should not be hard to do.   Will start removing BST posts that don't follow the rules. 

Apologies to all. It’s been a while since I sold anything on this forum. I’ll add new pics now.  Ironically, I think I’ve sold stuff to both hutchy and nobmontana in the past. 

On 2/3/2021 at 8:43 PM, jm3 said:

Apologies to all. It’s been a while since I sold anything on this forum. I’ll add new pics now.  Ironically, I think I’ve sold stuff to both hutchy and nobmontana in the past. 

I appreciate that. For the other folks who might be new,  I think it is necessary. 

6 hours ago, BogeyGolf2 said:

how'd you lose your fascination with JDM clubs? did you revert to US OEMs? sorry just curious why as it seems everything is superior in the JDM world. also love the putters and wish you were a lefty 

HI BogeyGolf. I started off wanting to maximize COR.  I felt that Japanese OEM had a tighter deviation on clubs and thus I would have the best chance to get a club with as close to .83 cor as I could.  Started off with a Yamaha driver, inpress v201.  Liked the club, felt great -- still have that club in my basement.

Read about the forging techniques and how buttery soft the irons/wedges were. Bought a set of mb5002s from Miura and some tourspec Maruyama wedges.

Read about the tour quality putter heads milled from JSS.  Bought a bunch of Yamadas, Hiros. 

Read about the graphite used in Crazy shafts. Got a couple of those.

Kept searching for a perfect driver.  Yamaha v440, SYARD .388, original VSPEC Premia with Crazy Boron shaft. Ryoma Maxima with Crazy shaft, and finally a JBEAM 435 which at the time was the hottest / longest driver with Crazy shaft.

After a couple of years of tinkering, I ended up taking out my driver, playing with a 3 deep from Callaway that was a bomber and stuck with my x-protos from Callaway.  Felt they were more buttery than the Miuras. 

Moved away from my JDM putters and now play with a very forgiving of the shelf TM mallet putter.  

JDM is great, but they're really expensive and you pretty much buy them to test them.  I have both the Ryoma Maxima and JBEAM sitting in my basement collecting dust.  The one JDM driver I fell in love with, I don't play with because I keep an official handicap for my club and the driver is illegal.  It's a high cor Yamaha 405D.  

I recently added a TM SIM to my bag, ironically, it's shaped like the original ryoma vspec and play that with a ventus velecore shaft. 

At the end, I guess with adjustability of clubs and the ability to move in different shafts, it was easier just to buy US products. 

Sorry for the long winded answer. 

thanks. 

Don't mean to Hijack your BST post but similarly I've stopped limiting myself from JDM vs USDM.  

There is no right or wrong.  Just stuff that works for you or not.  What's good is good.   Ultimately golf is about how enjoyment.   and how you feel the enjoyment from golf can differ with each person.  For me scoring low is how I feel the most enjoyment.   The clubs that can likely contribute the most to my long term objective of becoming a scratch player is what I want to play.  

Recently shopped around and tried a few 5 wood and hybrid both JDM and USDM .....  well,  SIM Ti 5 wood and SIM Max Hybrid took those spots. Previously I would not have even considered TM clubs.   I decided not to restrict myself like that. 

I just installed a Ventus Black Velocore in the 5W and have had a Ventus HB Blue Velocore in the Hybrid....   Driver is still a G410 LST with ATMOS TS Black which works well but I placed an order for a custom colored SIM2 (All Black!! ) driver and I will likely get a Ventus Black (JDM only 5X flex) in the driver. Ventus Velocore are amazing shafts!!   It seems like I hit closer to the middle of the face with these shafts so much more than with other shafts.  And I've tried tons of shafts in the past including high end JDM like Seven Dreamers.  There is something different about Ventus Velocore shafts.   

23 hours ago, nobmontana said:

Ventus Black (JDM only 5X flex) in the driver.

Nob, I have to ask.  Are you Bryson DeChambeau disguised as Noboru from Montana? Just Kidding.

5x flex.  That's amazing.  I've just started to use the velocore and like the results.  I've had some issues getting my driver to fly higher, so I went with a 10.5 SIM and the velocore in Blue, 6s, tipped 1/2 inch.  Dropped my right shoulder a bit at address with my head more behind the ball and suddenly I'm hitting moon balls.  Will adjust to a lower setting on the SIM and if it still flies high, I might purchase a ventus black.  

I'm going to send you a PM about your opinion on Evnroll putters.  

thanks.  

14 hours ago, BogeyGolf2 said:

Appreciate both of your replies guys, am really interested to learn as much about the gear as possible, both very helpful! 

Hey Bogey.  

The velocore in the ventus shafts is suppose to be a game changer.   Suppose to help you return the club to square more consistently because of the materials used in the shaft.  I like what I see so far.  

1 hour ago, BogeyGolf2 said:

so my current clubhead speed with a driver is around 105 though I've just ordered up some swingspeed sticks, hoping to get to 115 soon, what flex velocore shaft would be appropriate for now vs then? thanks guys~

I'm about a 105 too, and would consider myself a smooth swinger, without a harsh transition.  If you have the option, go get fitted.  That's really the best way to know.  Velocore offers 3 different products, red, blue, black, in different weights and flexes which all have different launches.  I'm too lazy to get fitted, so I went with a 6s in blue.  I have a 10.5 degree driver and will change the setting to a lower loft because it's launching a little high for my liking.  At 115, you'll easily be in an X.  

Thanks JM , might have to cave and get a fitting , always prefer to tinker without paying someone else but perhaps you’re right. Have you ever tried the Beyond Power Plus that was an option with the Ryoma maxima? Infinity flex, wonder how it would compare. 

Edited by BogeyGolf2

I think that shaft would compare more to the kht auto flex. Velocore is more of a traditional shaft that kicks consistently to help square the face

5 X is quite friendly in my opinion.   Plus I get a bit more speed. 🙂  at 53 yrs old,  I need all the help I can get! 

11 hours ago, BogeyGolf2 said:

so its a 50g shaft? I see they also have a 50S in Japan, I think I could manage with a 6s but interesting to see 

Here's the specs on the ventus. 6s in blue is 65grams.  https://fujikuragolf.com/ventus.

Be careful if you are buying on eBay.  Taylormade offers a "ventus blue" that does not have velocore.  It's a much different shaft and price point.  Most people will say that the velocore shafts are superior to the TM offering. 

I'm very interested in the KHT Autoflex shaft.  Cost $800, but suppose to have some crazy results for some players.  Adam Scott used it in the Farmer's last week.  I'm not sure I want to drop $800 on a shaft though.  

If I could get 10 yds for 450 I’m all in 😁

• jm3 changed the title to SOLD — 1 putters for sale - Yamada Kamakura --- Hiro Matsumoto MZ-07 (sold)