new PRGR 00 irons made by Miura Giken?!

nobmontana

I just learned that the new PRGR 00 irons are made by Miura Giken!!  Holy Smokes!!  

definitely has my interest -- let's see if we get the usual avalanche of information from this site.

13 hours ago, d**kyfowler said:

definitely has my interest -- let's see if we get the usual avalanche of information from this site.

Hahahaha.

PRGR website has all the info. 
loft is slightly strong at 44.5 deg PW.   
I do see a bit of offset from the pictures.  
semi blade like looks on the back face.   Not my favorite shape.   I would pick the CGS Orion CB or MB over these.   

the new Modart iron is a shape I really like - and finally it has appeared on this site.  PRGR generally make good irons. Think it's a shame we are seeing so many manufacturers going to strong lofts, but that's what marketing is telling them to do. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, I can’t see any information about the 00 irons on the website, only the 01’s and 02’s. I hit some prgrx 00 irons in a golf shop this week. I’m thinking of buying them (expensive though). If anyone has links to reviews or information on the 00’s I would appreciate it. Can’t find much on Google.. thanks.

The 00 irons are only available in Japan through their direct sales channels and fitting centers.

The product page is only available on their Japanese website.  

There are a couple of YouTube reviews (in Japanese) if you search. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a set of the prgr mg 00 irons 5-PW. I live in Hong Kong.  They were very (very) expensive. I’ve only got to hit them in an indoor simulator so far.

firstly, they are just simply beautiful clubs. Almost don’t want to hit them! I guess they are going to have to get marked or scratched at some stage 😩.

I have had mine lengthened  by 3/4” and they are 1* upright…

they look a bit scary because they are the most ‘bladey’ clubs I’ve ever had.. in truth they are probably not the right clubs for me. But they are so beautiful so I’ll just have to make them work!!

they certainly feel a bit special. I may miss some extra forgiveness….

Just for interest, I got the TM MG2 raw face wedges in 52 and 58, I got the Sim 2 Driver, the Sim 3 wood and Sim rescue and a ping anser putter. I’ll let you guys know how they are once I’ve used them in anger!!! 

did i mention they look superb? 

Congrats on your new purchase…. Give it time and give it love. I’m sure you’ll get used to it over time.   I mostly play CBs but still play my Seven x Shinagawa MBs from time to time.   Good to remind myself to focus on correct swings for each shot.    With CBs I get a bit lazy.  🙂 

BTW…. Loving my all black MySIM2 driver + Ventus Black combo.  I’m hitting low spin fade balls all day long!   As for SIM Ti 5wd I finally settled on a 2013 Kurokage TiNi Proto… works really well!!  

• 2 weeks later...

and now we have some more new offerings from PRGR... 05's.  FORGED - not sure by which company, but PRGR are generally pretty good.

"Forged" carbon steel body....  nickel chromoly face.      One piece carbon steel forged heads are becoming rare.