new MIURA irons PI-401

dickyfowler

I'd swing a dead snake if it gave me great distance and amazing forgiveness - so I could be a buyer. But then again - I buy everything.

are these 100% MADE IN JAPAN -- some forums suggesting China played a hand and that would concern me.

51 minutes ago, d**kyfowler said:

I'd swing a dead snake if it gave me great distance and amazing forgiveness - so I could be a buyer. But then again - I buy everything.

When I first started playing that was me... but have since found that I actually strike better when I'm happy with what I'm looking at... psychological I know, but seems to work for me.

well that is disappointing  -- even though we know many of the BIG brands these days are made in China. I'm now keen to see what the new PXG irons have to offer - the Gen4's are released in the coming weeks and I know they are definitely made 100% in the USA and are high quality - albeit expensive.

2 hours ago, hutchy said:

They must have came off of the same ugly tree as the 506 

Image result for epon 506

Name of that tree mate? Just so I never plant it in the backyard by mistake...

I have to agree that SCREWS all over the place do not a pretty club make !   I have some PXG's and of course they are covered in hardware, but you don't see it at address and they feel very good....still, I'd prefer a clean look everywhere.

On 2/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, DMG said:

Name of that tree mate? Just so I never plant it in the backyard by mistake...

Bahaha...Its called the fugly tree mate. Often planted when no one has any fresh ideas.

the envelope appears to have been pushed quite some ways when you read all the promos lately - particularly by Callaway with their "AI" tech. I love to see enhancements but I'd be even more excited if they could start coming up with new materials to make the irons - or is steel/titianium etc as good as it gets? Ping used copper and nickel at one time and they've been shelved for various reasons. Cobra recently came out with MIM metalworking and I tried their wedges - felt good. Will be interesting to see what comes next - hopefully something with a WOW factor for us all. We're only asking for clubs that feel sensational - send the ball in the desired direction and stop quickly and when not hit well, correct every fault. But then where'd all the fun be ?