How to spot fake Epons on Ebay?

justin1287

Recently ordered some Epons that have not arrived yet. How do I tell if they are real or not once they arrive?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Epon-Forged-Irons-5-AW-Upgraded-Shafts/324389140888?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

moved this post out from the BST section to Japanese Golf Clubs section. 

your bought these

in that condiition ???????????????????? 

and from  bay.!!!!!!!!!

oh m y god there are SO many other buzillion times better options than thee for the same cash u cud have gone.

look at these ,the  shafts are all wrong, the  grips dont even slightly  match. the sticker positioning is  wrong  and what hthsi shiiit about 

upgraded shafts????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

upgradeed form what   pieces of  straw???????

NO ONE wud buy  these  irons new   with " down grade " what ever  the that means .. shafts

dood send these back this is the worst example of a buy i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!

look at the  7 iorn the plaating   has fallen off.......

how?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

mate pls.........................

I actually paid $351 plus $30 for shipping for the 7 clubs which made them $55 per club. I just wanted some super game improvement irons and also some Epons. I believe the Shimada shafts are not cheap also. And yes, the plating is falling off the 7 iron which gives me some concerns that they are fake but I posted in many golf facebook groups and people have seen that happen on other name brand clubs. I appreciate your feedback and thanks for your input. The 5 and 6 are 703's and the 7-AW are 705's. Looks like the 5 and 6 (703's) have DG Pro shafts and their own grips and the 7-AW have the Shimada shafts and all the same grips except the AW. Are you saying you think these are fake?

put it this way.

if u were to  pop them up here  for sale  u wud have to pay someone to take them.

thats the worst quality ive ever seen any club  " for sale " in ..

and no plating on cubs doesnt  just  fall off................ ever.......... ever.......... nad not on epon .

lost for words , each to ttheir own tho. 

just shocked ,  for that price u cud have done atrillion times better than those.  thats all im sayen.

fake schmake, no idea, i   never ever use the bay nad i  never ever will 

Sorry i'm with Supo on this one. I have the 702, which I bought brand new and I couldn't imagine treating them the way those were treated. Also, why would you want a set of 703 and 705s? That does't make sense. It seems as if someone pieced together a random set of left over clubs and figured since it said Epon someone would buy it.

If you could return them that would be great if not good luck. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with both of my colleagues.

• I would never buy those clubs in that condition.  Pre-owned Epons is like buying a Mercedes - you know the person who had them took great care for them as they are $$$.  Obviously, this person did not care about his ownership.  For close to $400 you can buy some great sets here on TSG Buy, Sell & Trade.
  • However, if you are happy with them, then more power to you.  Enjoy them and have fun every time you're out on the course. 

Nothing really matters except if you're happy.

Cheers

TK