Thinking of switching to a Hybrid

donzelly

I am looking for a good hybrid/utility. I have been using a Honma, and Srixon driving iron, but I have this old Sonartec MD 21 that I hit really well.

I think I'm going to move away from the DI for this year and try some Hybrids. Any recommendations? 

I am okay with older models since I could probably buy a few and test them out.

fourteen make this suoer freeekay di.ute hybrid thing ive got a few of and really really like.

i alt from the di  to these depending on  wind.

off a tee these are quite superb.

quite oddly very anti left.

certainly not everyones cup-o-tea.   but  if u have a bit of oomph  these really play well

https://www.tourspecgolf.com/fourteen-ut712-utility.html

Prior to the two TMs I play now,  I had a Romaro Type R Ti hybrid which was really forgiving.    I also used a Modart MA01H which you might like better because it looks more compact and may be an easier transition from a DI.  Although the offset it has may throw you off a bit since it looks like you would hook it a lot, but in fact it plays pretty neutral.   Feel wise Modart wins by quite a bit.  

I cannot get rid of my Ryoma UT, still there after years

Have you ever tried a 7 wood?

On 4/1/2021 at 9:01 PM, supo said:

fourteen make this suoer freeekay di.ute hybrid thing ive got a few of and really really like.

i alt from the di  to these depending on  wind.

off a tee these are quite superb.

quite oddly very anti left.

certainly not everyones cup-o-tea.   but  if u have a bit of oomph  these really play well

https://www.tourspecgolf.com/fourteen-ut712-utility.html

This thing looks interesting. How does it work off the tee vs the deck? Anything else interesting out there.

i pulled the original  shaft  which is  perfectly fine but a  bit whippier than i like

it was fine. no issue at all. its a  do u  like hiting woods or irons better type of hybrid,

the 1 iron is amazing as a short  driver.

the  3 is  the one iuse the most,  u dont need a new shaft in it it goes really well as is.

doesnt go as high as others obviously with that head shape but its longer , no doubt.

in longer grassits miles better than traditional utes bec u dont wky them as muhc when the grass snags the hosel fit fat face makes for smacking it MUCH easier.

they go. and go well. jsut not as easy over all as tradional utes but u wont loose this left much regardless of what the blurb says ,thats crap , its anti left if anything .