Matsuyama started off good on his first day!    and I thought the starting ceremony with Lee Elders was really nice to see. 

I'm watching the first 2 days closely as I am playing a local tournament this weekend where we have a side game to choose a partner PGA Pro from the Masters where we combine our individual net score on Saturday with the Sunday Gross score of the PGA Pro we choose from the Masters!   kind of fun!    I need to predict who will do well on Sunday.  (not necessarily win the Masters)  

Can Rose do it? Not playing as well today unfortunately.....

Never write Mr steady off Ian. Rose can definitely do it. It just depend who else can around him. He had a consolidation round today I would say. Apart from the obvious in the top 10....My outside chances are Hatton and Stenson. 

Hope you picked Hideki.  Did I hear correctly.... first ever bogey free round @Masters? Srixon home office will be losing their minds!

Im going to have to cleanup my Acisc golf shoes for Monday.

Edited by cuistot

They were saying the bogey free round by Hideki was the only one this week.   

I actually did not pick Hideki... I was about to .... but my guy needs to score low on Sunday and since Hideki shot super low today, I think the odds of him shooting low again tomorrow is pretty slim .. especially with the added pressure he will feel as the 36 hole leader.    

I shot 77 today which was not my best.... and I only have a 1 hdcp at my course ... My net 76 combined with the picked Pro's Sunday score. 

I picked Xander and I think my pick was good.   He is well in the hunt and has historically improved his score in his final rounds.  

7 hours ago, cuistot said:

Hope you picked Hideki.  Did I hear correctly.... first ever bogey free round @Masters? Srixon home office will be losing their minds!

Im going to have to cleanup my Acisc golf shoes for Monday.

Yes an amazing round....I hope his contract with Srixon and Lexus was up for renewal....:tsg_smiley_pimp:

5 hours ago, nobmontana said:

They were saying the bogey free round by Hideki was the only one this week.   

I actually did not pick Hideki... I was about to .... but my guy needs to score low on Sunday and since Hideki shot super low today, I think the odds of him shooting low again tomorrow is pretty slim .. especially with the added pressure he will feel as the 36 hole leader.    

I shot 77 today which was not my best.... and I only have a 1 hdcp at my course ... My net 76 combined with the picked Pro's Sunday score. 

I picked Xander and I think my pick was good.   He is well in the hunt and has historically improved his score in his final rounds.  

I think the winner comes from the top 9. Any further back is a big stretch unless Matsuyama has a shocker. 

Hideki is now “the legend” hope he gets a parade in Japan 🇯🇵 Amateur golfer to Master Champion!  I love it. Hope his family is proud. 

Wow - what a Masters! I had my money on Xander and was fuming a bit on 16. But despite that, what a great champion! 

This is the best week of the year.

woke  up this am  turned on last hour.............. FK.!!!
golf just  EXPLODED here , biggest spoerting win in jpn history.

damg. ill never  get on a course again.!!!!!!!!!

Is he actually using Srixon driver this season?   I know his irons are the Z Forged...  great win for Hideki and for Japan!! 

First the Amateur Women's champ,  then Masters...   My hope is that golf in Japan becomes more accessible and casual than what has been.  

hahah  this am  stocks.

sumitomo rubber 4.3%   up 
golf -do  up 18%
mizuno  up 4%
descente  up 5%
graphite design  up 20% 

just in case u  thought  golf/masters doesnt matter here............... 

Edited by supo

I see a wave of commemorative equipment coming!  Srixon Driver,  Irons, Wedges, Scotty putter... Asics shoes...