The latest Bridgestone Tour B X balls... were great!!

I've been playing the Tour B RX thru the colder season but now our temps our up a bit,  I thought I would try the X and XS for the Spring and Summer.  

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a sleeve each of the 2020 Tour B X and XS and started putting with it on the carpet.  

For some reason, the firmer feel of the X off my putters felt better to my hands more than the softer feel of the XS.  

I felt that I could control the distance a bit better with the firmer X.   By "firmer" it's not clicky or anything...  it's more of a refined firmness.  

As you may know,  the X and XS are geared towards SS of 105 mph or faster.... I'm below those numbers these days... so I've been using the RX for the last few years and they are very good balls for me.   However, feel off the putter on the RX is soft and closer to the XS. 

Yesterday, I brought out the X balls to the course to play my round.   Drives were exceptionally well with one of the drives rolling out close to 300 yds.  Trajectory seemed higher than the RX I normally use ... I even succeeded going over high trees to cut a corner with my tee shot on No.14 which I usually don't even try!!    Like the Pro V1X,  this firmer version is designed for higher launch and lower spin on drives which I have confirmed!!!   

Feel off the driver was surprisingly very good.  I remember trying the BS 330X a number of years ago and I hated them due to the super hard feel.  The new ones feel so much better.   Iron and wedge shots also felt nice with enough spin to hold on the firmer greens we had yesterday.  Maybe a touch less backspin around the greens.

I still need to try the new XS but I don't anticipate much of a surprise there.  But I would totally be happy using these X balls during the warmer months ahead!! 

Will update once I play the new XS.. 

Edited by nobmontana

I've tried to get myself to try/play the B-stones. For whatever reason I just can't seem to pull the trigger on them. There's no doubt in my mind they are an excellent ball as I believe most of the balls are all pretty good these days. Just about trying to find the one that feels and works the best for your game, which for me, is much more difficult than any other aspect of finding the right one, whether it's a ball, a club or a pair of shoes. 

With all the ho'ing done with clubs this is one thing (the ball) I don't even experiment anymore with. 

Will be interesting what ball you settle on.

Years ago, I spoke to a guy who worked at Cool Clubs in Arizona and was also fitting PGA tour players at the time.   He had insight into balls used on tour and told me that while Titleist and Callaway had to hand pick balls for their staff players,  Bridgestone just had their staff players  ( at the time were Matt Kuchar and Brandt Snedeker )  play off-the-shelf retail balls.   What he implied was that T and C brands had larger manufacturing tolerances with their balls while BS had tighter tolerances good enough to use retail balls for their staff Pros.    Since then, I've pretty much stuck to Bridgestone balls aside from just testing from time to time on new stuff that come out.   

For us who play golf for recreation,  I suppose it really doesn't make much of a difference which brand of balls we use...  but since we, TSG'ers,  play uber high quality clubs and putters,  it made good sense to me to stick with high quality balls too.  Of course that is just my opinion and preference. 🙂  

Nothing wrong with sticking with what has worked and still is working for you and not worry about what's new out there!

I’ve been finding and playing all sorts of golfballs avg 4-5 rounds weekly thru yet another wet PNW winter. I have settled in the RXS. My driver swing speed is generally at 98mph and I find the Bridgestone RXS longer-straighter and my favorite. When the B12 first came out I was fit by the local rep at the range long but feel was lacking. RXS is long and has feel. I’m able to play a complete round now without losing a ball so now I’m sorted. 

RXS is a great ball too.   very soft feel.   

B/S  and tourstage are the  balls i  mostly play and have for eons. like 80% of the time 

ive done countless side by side comparisons where ill hit 3 balls per hole over 18  with  srixon, pr-gr, titleist callaway,honma, super newing u name it   and i always seem to come back to  the Bridgestones.

something about the look and feel of them,  i just think  they look  so cool at address  and make me believe i can hit better shots, of course its mental  but  ill take any positive  into a game , these make me believe ill play better , so i play them over the  others, second is  srixon then the  rest i just dont dig as much , crazy but i never like titlesit,  no idea why i just never  selected them and when ever i do  a 3 ball game they are my least fave.

bizare the way the mind works and its biases, super newing are LONG   they rock in the rain where theres no  run an the balls   sit better on the greens   . they dont spin/grip  so much  to me and  feel like they run a bit long on greens from chips,  so on firm greens id never use them , but  in the  wet, oh yea! 

the surprise ball  that iplay and enjoy but hate the look of  are  from   prgr , they do a really nice distance ball, the egg balls cannon off the face but getitng them  to sit is tough, the  RS spin are really good to play but the colour and font is awful so i benched  them, YOKOHAMA rubber make them so they prob know a thing or 2 about balls..........................