Lamkin Deep Etched .... now I understand why they are still among the favorites.

After Matsuyama won the Masters and I learned that he switched putter grips before the tournament to a Lamkin Deep etched full cord grip, I decided to give the grip another look...   In recent years I've been mostly using the original version Iomic Absolute grips ..  last year I found a cool pistol shaped grip from STM called STM P-1 which had a very pronounced pistol end shape which I grew to like very much.  Texture is not the best but I really liked the shape and how it fit in my hands.    Recently, I picked up a Scotty Phantom X 5.5 which came with Scotty's Pistolero Plus grip and this also really fit well in my hands.    ... now back to the Lamkin Deep Etched..    If you look at the shape of the Deep Etched grip,   it has a pretty nice size pistol end along with a flat front side.   I believe they classify this grip as a paddle style grip and the diameter would qualify this grip as a mid-size....  The horizontal etches... are deep and sharp on the edges.  For people with sensitive hands, they may even feel a edgy and uncomfortable.   Might be a love or hate type of thing.   I have rough hands, so I don't mind these at all...  they feel soft enough for me.      I swapped out a couple of my bladed putters with the Deep Etched and they feel awesome!    The size,  shape fit my current preference well.    Now if I can just get my average putts per round under 30 I'd be golden!!  🙂 

Edited by nobmontana

• nobmontana changed the title to Lamkin Deep Etched .... now I understand why they are still among the favorites.