JDM Fairway wood

Norboo

I’m leaving the 3w in the bag lately. Had Been playing the Modart 14• it’s very long but requires massive focus. Also have the Sam in 16• which is easier to launch but not as nice of feel across the face. The other FW set is the Crazy full ti… 3w does go long but can get wayward. But I do rely happily on the Crazy 5w playing extra length. Also picked up ONOFF 5w with speed slots. This is a bomber but I’m having to clean out turf each time it’s used. I’ve played some older heads but nothing to write about. 

3 hours ago, cuistot said:

I’m leaving the 3w in the bag lately. Had Been playing the Modart 14• it’s very long but requires massive focus. Also have the Sam in 16• which is easier to launch but not as nice of feel across the face. The other FW set is the Crazy full ti… 3w does go long but can get wayward. But I do rely happily on the Crazy 5w playing extra length. Also picked up ONOFF 5w with speed slots. This is a bomber but I’m having to clean out turf each time it’s used. I’ve played some older heads but nothing to write about. 

Same for me....Modart 14* firmly fixed, Labo 358 15* is the rotation ATM.... Long, easy and nice feel. Another is the S-Yard XV 5w which is as long as any other 3 wood but easier to use than the 3.

Easy and long and a must try for any JDM user.... Ryoma F3 with a Crazy FW 80 shaft....

8 hours ago, hutchy said:

Same for me....Modart 14* firmly fixed, Labo 358 15* is the rotation ATM.... Long, easy and nice feel. Another is the S-Yard XV 5w which is as long as any other 3 wood but easier to use than the 3.

Easy and long and a must try for any JDM user.... Ryoma F3 with a Crazy FW 80 shaft....

I had the Ryoma F3 for two years, I liked it a lot,  it not so good off the tee due to shallow face. 
sold the 3 wood, but still have the F5 5 wood. 

I have a Zodia Ti-OZ that I got from Nobs. I don’t play it as I like working the ball. But if you like hitting the ball straight and high + pretty long then I would check these ones out. Looks great too.

For a while, I was trying out all sorts of TI fw heads.   Jbeam GFW,  Grandista RSF, Royal Collection SFD Ti FW, Crazy Full Ti FW, Labospec RD 347 Ti 5W , Zodia OZ,  Roddio Spoon, Epon AF202 HT have all been really good ones.    

I don’t have a 3W at the moment but If I were to put one back in,   I’d probably go with the Egg Spoon HD from several years ago or possibly the original Egg PX01.  Something super forgiving!! 

Edited by nobmontana

Ryoma UT are good and the Maruman Shuttle and XXIO offerings are long and easy to play.

4 hours ago, bngolfer said:

I have a Zodia Ti-OZ that I got from Nobs. I don’t play it as I like working the ball. But if you like hitting the ball straight and high + pretty long then I would check these ones out. Looks great too.

I had a couple of these....Very solid FW and easy to hit. 

http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/topic/40784-zodia-ozsold/?tab=comments#comment-258386

• 3 months later...

If you want a cheap alternative I have a Yamaha I.F.F. 14 degree 3 wood that is about as easy to hit and long as it gets, very tinny hollow feeling head though so make sure you like that and its a little deep faced than i like, i prefer a shallow face fairway but its easy as heck to hit.  PRGR EGG is a no brainer as well.