Semi golden oldie PR-GR irons .....,

supo

prgr 900mds

My first  foray into super  soft   ( s20c)  ENDO JAPAN  forged JDM players cavity muscles.

i played these for about 4 seasons  and these were responsible for the headlong plunge into  soft forgings.

I wasnt much of a player back then , shot mid to high  80s as a rule but i distincctly  remeber hitting one  6 iron about 180 on the monster course we used to play and  nailing it to 3 feet  for a bird from  a beautiful draw and going , wow.. i need more of these! 

totally forgot about them for an age till  last  week when i found this set, a full set   3'pw  in really really good  condition still. i cudnt  resist,  played them on saturday and  (  i played like crap, but)   got a cpl right off the middle and relived  the guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush feel these are all over again, i rememebr why  i fell so heavily for both PRGR and  soft  forgings  players clubs.  

shape cud bee  construed as a bit dated now  for palyers cbs but  the specs on them are still lights out.

thin sole, thin top line , mid side  body.  high launch with different COG  placements,  id say mid offest, its not tiny its not big.

workability and a nice framing of the ball.  epsecially  in the longer irons! 

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ENDO, there is no substitute! 

20211020_125224.jpg

20211020_125210.jpg

Edited by supo

• 4 weeks later...

Can  pretty much everything i said about these  being an old shape, they have   a bit  of offset that is more than i ususally gravitate to  but no gooseenck, just  a bit off set , but  these are  mustard! .

they are like  a high launching  blade ,  ive just come off the range and explored all their traits again, hit them VS my masda mbs, srixon 945, and prgr tr500s, didnt loose an inch vs them and actally i think these were the softest at impact. yea.. these are the goods.

wonderfull bats if u like thin MB but can use  just a smidge  of relief these are an answer, no doubt about it .

The m43 shafts are NOT to be  dismissed as fruit either, those things are proper  players shafts,they seem  to  launch on the mid side  but the head brings them up ,  lots of weight in  the sole makes the ball soar. The rigidity of the m43 is similar to the  NS1050s i think they can but dont prefer to be moved  laterally  too much , so taking dead aim is a snack, they wont get blown about much. REALLY good "stock" , if u can call them that......... shafts!

impact is butter  sweet.

yup im keeping em ....all over again. original grips (for now!) and all.........

not many softer heads have i hit! 

Edited by supo