PRGR Diamana shafts

bankbank

Just got an RS driver from an exchange, and it has a Diamana for PRGR shaft in it (blue colored). Any feedback on these? Didnt hit it yet due to COVID though

1 hour ago, supo said:

the.guy u bougjt it from didnt know its specs,  how is 

that possible?????

I know the specs. Just want to know if anybody here has any experience with these OEM Diamanas. 

They're 50ish grams, stiff flex (but by wagging it it doesnt seem stiff 😂

I can only add that so many of the Japanese shafts - whilst great quality - come up more flexible than the stamp. Had a stack of S shafts from Japan that were actually R if you tested them in the USA.  And apart from testing - it is really about how they feel. This is another reason why buying the great Japan products without actually seeing and testing - as many of us do - is fraught with risk. But my club-builder enjoys all the money I keep giving him to fix things....

I really don't think this issue is specific to Japanese brand shafts.    I find that OEM shafts (AKA "made for"  shafts) have a tendency to be softer compared to aftermarket proper shafts.  At the end,  actually trying it yourself is the only way you know how it will play for "you"    

The OEM Diamana shafts on the RS will also differ in characteristics depending on which generation of the RS ( or RS-F) you have. 

I've tried the 2018 RS with the stock Diamana shaft in SR flex previously and I thought it was a pretty neutral feeling shaft.   ( mid launch , mid to low spin ) 

Pretty nice shaft for a stock shaft in my opinion.   And no it does not play exactly like an aftermarket Diamana.   

I think manufacturers try to design the stock shaft that will fit a wide range of recreational golfers.   Based on some readings by shaft industry experts,  the profile that fits most players would be a mid kick shaft.  Diamana Blue,  HZRDUS Yellow (or Blue) Tensei Blue, Ventus Blue are popular mid kick shafts just to name a few.    

but hey,,, if you end up liking the head but the shaft doesn't work for you,  you can always re-shaft with your favorite shaft. 

For me re-shafting is part of getting a new driver.   I wish manufacturers start selling head only as an option because I end up with a lot of unused shafts in my closet. 🙂 

As my back up driver, I have a Tour Issued 2016 RS-F Prototype shafted with a Loop GK ....  this combo is so consistent and goes so straight but unfortunately does not have the pop to match my USDM driver.. so it remains as my backup. 

Edited by nobmontana

i think u are right nobs .. 

a few  OEMS use a quasy diamana  blue a lot now  as thier stock shaft.

i see them in a l few  different  heads but a made for variety.

i hit a buddeis mizuno   driver recently with  a  new   65s  black diamana of some kind and it was great but not the same  stiffness as i was expecting  form  a stiff  diamana blue  ...  was a   good shaft   felt fine  but i did get a small case of hey  is this stiff or reg   ??

great feedback, thanks chaps. I'm really looking forward to trying it out once restrictions here ease. The govt just extended lockdown to the end of the month, so my golfing endeavors have been delayed (again) 😢.

the driver is a 2018/2019 RS-F, I think I've seen a review from TSG on this somewhere in the TSGblog.. 

if you found a BLOG for it on this website  - well done. Very few are chosen!  And the simple answer to all of this shaft chat is TEST first - then buy what works for you. It matters ZERO what writing is on the shaft.