Diamana D-Limited - silky smooth!

nobmontana

While I was quite happy with the Kurokage 60X in my Callaway Epic Speed 4W,   I happened to have a Diamana D-Liimited 60S in 3W length that I have had in a few other heads but realized that I have never tried this shaft in this head.  long story short,  it turns out that I like this Diamana D-Limited shaft even more than the Kurokage Proto!!  

The smoothness of the shafts are almost identical but the Diamana is a lower launch lower spin version.  It's been a while since I last gamed a Diamana.   The last model I actually liked was the 'Ahina from a while ago.   Tried the W series but did not really get a long and then I used Loop shafts for a couple of years.   I skipped the DF and have not tried the TB.   What a difference a couple of years makes!!!   

D-Limited is also one of those shafts with subdued graphics which I really like.   

This shaft is highly recommended.   

I have another one coming to try in a driver.  If it betters the Ventus Blue,  I am switching!  ( again... 🙂

Edited by nobmontana

3 hours ago, nobmontana said:

While I was quite happy with the Kurokage 60X in my Callaway Epic Speed 4W,   I happened to have a Diamana D-Liimited 60S in 3W length that I have had in a few other heads but realized that I have never tried this shaft in this head.  long story short,  it turns out that I like this Diamana D-Limited shaft even more than the Kurokage Proto!!  

The smoothness of the shafts are almost identical but the Diamana is a lower launch lower spin version.  It's been a while since I last gamed a Diamana.   The last model I actually liked was the 'Ahina from a while ago.   Tried the W series but did not really get a long and then I used Loop shafts for a couple of years.   I skipped the DF and have not tried the TB.   What a difference a couple of years makes!!!   

D-Limited is also one of those shafts with subdues graphics which I really like.   

This shaft is highly recommended.   

I have another one coming to try in a driver.  If it betters the Ventus Blue,  I am switching!  ( again... 🙂

Looking forward to these review Nobs. Can you throw in the XC shaft you tried to compare with the 2 you mentioned.? 

oh yea!!  XC is an excellent shaft!   Ive tried a 6SR and 5S but I really need to try the 6S.   

Diamana never lets us down 🏌️

I will  try this  in a driver as well i think. 

I   tried the DF and  actually   didnt  mind  it   but  i was never going  to get one ,  i  hit a  my buds  60x,  and while  it felt  great , it   was   smooth but way  more than just a little  softer  than what i play  normally in X,   my diamana X 60x  was  in play  and  they are NOT cut from the same  smoothness stock!

Just looking at  the  specs  of the DF  now im not surprised bec . that  is  a very comfortable  3.8 torque  in an  X flex !  ,   where as my   DIAMANA X   60x   is  2.3  and  in hand on a course ,thats some  jump i assure you.   

i hit quite a few  with the DF  that day and while didnt loose anything  badly  either way,  it   kinda felt like any small swing flaw and i was toast . The main  attractor  i  rememeber   was   i got some  decent  distance with it  without having to really  bend the back, that stood out way, way   more than its dispersion but for a simlar  performance/ distance shaft   i  use a Quadra tpv-nx  65xs, which  i absolutely love,  no chance id  swap  that out  for  the DF.

The D limited.. now that looks more my style 

60tx  68g  3.1    high.

and as  for  diamanas graphics??

all in !

• 4 weeks later...

I tried a few of the shafts that I currently own including the D-Limited in the RSF single clover and though they all performed well.   The Loop GK that I previously used in my Grandista RSD came out as the best match with this head.  RSF Single Clover + Loop GK is one tasty combo.  For my very first round with this combo last Saturday, I hit 13/14 fairways during a Tip and Tuck tournament.  The one I missed was on me for putting a very bad swing where I tried to make a strong draw and over doing it.   I could go with the D-Limited but I really like the Loop in this head. 

So my D-Limited shaft is still seeking a head to partner with.  The RSF Triple Clover was definitely a good candidate but it's too similar to the Single Clover in how it plays and I need a different type of driver in my arsenal.   Since the RSF + Loop is a lower trajectory fairway runner suited better for Summer conditions,  I want to try a different head that will give me optimal carry distance since we are going into winter season with almost no roll on the fairway.  

OK, I tried a Mavrik Triple Diamond head with the D-Limited yesterday and wow.   This shaft is just unreal!    

Smooth but pushes hard through impact.  Penetrating flight yet high enough to give me max carry.  

- Mavrik Sub Zero Triple Diamond 8.5* / Diamana D-Limited 60 S / 45.5", 319g, D2.5 

Will play with this combo in mostly wet weather this weekend to see how it goes. 

• 4 weeks later...

So after a couple of months trying to figure out a good combo for the Diamana D-limited,  I think I finally found  good match.  After struggling to get any kind of consistency with the Cally Triple Diamond stuff,  I finally gave up and decided to try a Ping G425 Max 9 deg head and paired it up with the D-Ltd.      Man, am I just a Ping man or what?  I've used the G410 LST for a full season but never looked at the G425 until now.   I guess the Cally heads just aren't forgiving at all.  No matter what shaft I tried,  off-centered hits got punished so badly.   I think a similar thing can be said for Taylormade heads too.. but the SIM2 was a bit more forgiving.   Aside from the PRGR RSF🍀/Loop combo,  it has been a while since I've had a really satisfying range session.   The G425 Max is loud as heck but it is undoubtedly the most forgiving head I've ever tried.  I thought that it would be too easy to turn over and too high of a trajectory,  but the combination with the D-Ltd neutralizes these characteristics nicely to create a driver that is very forgiving, stable and with good distance.  I mean It's so automatic!!   This might become my fairway finder of the decade!  

• 3 weeks later...